Model TROMINO - Reactive Tromograph for Geology
TROMINO is an ideal solution in Engineering Geology for seismic site effect assessment, seismic microzonation, Vs30 estimates, passive seismic stratigraphy, bedrock mapping. Supporting geologists, geophysicists and geotechnical engineers in their daily activities. TROMINO was specifically conceived and designed for the dynamic characterization of subsoils with the highest accuracy and the lowest effort. Very small in size and low in power consumption, it also operates in array configuration through an exclusive radio communication system. The electronics and mechanics behind TROMINO are continuing to evolve, following the latest technological advancements. The newest versions, with augmented dynamics and sensitivity, permit outstanding signal-to-noise ratios even at the low frequencies of seismological interest.
TROMINO is a small (1 dm3, < 1 kg) all-in-one instrument, equipped with:
- 3 velocimetric channels (adjustable dynamic range)
- 3 accelerometric channels
- 1 analog channel
- GPS receiver
- built-in radio transmitter/receiver (for synchronization among different units)
- radio triggering system (for MASW surveys and similar)
TROMINO works in the [0.1, 1024] Hz range and is powered by 2 AA (1.5 V) batteries only!
Mapping the subsoil resonance frequencies (H/V technique)
Vs profiles from constrained H/V curve modelling
Modelling the H/V curves to obtain shear wave velocity profiles (Vs) in the presence of independent constraints.
Vs/Vp profiles from MASW or seismic refraction with a single receiver + radio trigger
Performing MASW or seismic refraction surveys with just one TROMINO and no connecting cables!
Passive seismic stratigraphy. Bedrock mapping
Creating passive seismic imaging of the subsoil.
Performing active/passive multichannel surveys (SASW, MASW, refraction seismics, ReMiTM, ESAC, SPAC, FTAN, SSAP, etc.) by exploiting the built-in radio/GPS synchronization modules.
The first all-in-one instrument for the dynamic characterization of soils, structures and more...
- Minimum size and power consumption
- Maximum versatility
TROMINO is the first brick for any wall
- 3 velocimetric channels with adjustable dynamic range and sensitivity: from microtremors (up to ±0.5 mm/s) to strong vibrations (up to ± 5 cm/s)
- 3 accelerometric channels (±2 g)
- 1 analog channel (e.g., external trigger for MASW and refraction) a operating range [0.1, 1024] Hz on all channels with A/D conversion at 24 real bits
- GPS receiver with internal and/or external antenna for positioning and absolute timing/synchronization among different units
- built-in radio module for synchronization among different units and alarm transmission (e.g., signal above threshold)
Unique feature! Radio triggering tool for MASW and refraction surveys with a single-station, cableless system!
The new TROMINO BLU, with an increased sensitivity, can be controlled also by mobile devices. Download the app!
TROMINO has a variety of applications in engineering geology and seismic engineering, both in single station and network configuration. A few examples:
- seismic site effect assessment and seismic microzonation
- passive seismic stratigraphy
- Vs30/VsH estimation from constrained HA/curve fit
- active and passive seismic arrays (MASW, ReMi, ESAC, FTAN), P and S wave refraction (requires radio\GPS synchronization or the wireless trigger)
- modal analysis of structures (single station or synchronized multi-station approach)
- vibration monitoring
TROMINO is an ultra-portable package:
- no external cables
- very small size (10x14x8 cm)
- very light weight (-1 kg)
with very low consumption:
- powered by an internal Li-ion battery
- works also on AC adapter for long monitoring
TROMINO can now be fully controlled (also vocally) by mobile devices, through the Tromino App.
TROMINO can record in continuous mode or for predefined time intervals. Starting is manual or on threshold. It can work in stand-alone mode or in network configurations through the software tool Tromino Managers. This allows to continuously view and save data acquired on remote stations and to send threshold-based alarms on-line or via e-mail. Tromino Manager controls networks of TROMINOs connected via radio to a master TROMINO.
GRILLA is the user-friendly software to archive and analyze the recordings of TROMINO.
The main modules of GRILLA are:
EXTENDED H/V ANALYSIS. Full spectral analysis, H/V curves to estimate soil resonances, constrained H/V fit to get Vs, trace cleaning in the time and frequency-domains, statistical testing of significance of the results based on the European guidelines, 'reference site' method, comparison among different analyses and recordings. Automatic editable reports including tables and figures.
Modal Analysis of Structure! Module to derive the modal frequencies shapes and damping of structures from experimental data.
Joint Fit of H/V and Dispersion Curve Subsoil velocity profile from joint fitting of HA/, active (MASW, etc.) and passive (ReMi, ESAC, SPAC, passive MASW, etc.) array surveys.
Vibration Analysis. Sorting and spectral analysis of signal sections above thresholds, according to the European regulations on strong vibrations in structures. Automatic editable reports including tables and figures.
H/V+ Contouring Module. To provide a synthetic and understandable view of H/V recordings acquired in 2D or 3D configurations, Useful to map the continuity of the main seismic reflectors (the shift from the frequency to the depth domain requires additional constraints).