Model TX100/200-Series - Insertion Turbine Flow Sensor
The TX100/200-Series are adjustable depth insertion turbines that come in brass or 316 stainless models to fit 3' to 40' pipe. Adapters mate with standard 1-1/2' (110/210) or 2' (150/250) FNPT threaded fittings such as saddles and weldo-lets which may be purchased either locally or from Seametrics. Ruby bearings and a non-drag pickoff give these adjustable insertion turbine flow sensors a wide flow range and long life. A sensor detects the passage of miniature magnets in the rotor blades. The resulting square-wave signal can besentfor hundreds of feet without a transmitter, over unshielded cable. This signal can be connected directly to many PLC's and other controls without any additional electronics.
If desired, a modular system of electronics can be installed directly on the flow sensor or mounted remotely. The FT415 battery powered > or FT4201 loop powered) provides digital rate and total display, as well as programmable pulse: the FT420 also provides a 4-20 mA analog output The A055 is a blind analog (4-20 mA) transmitter. Programmable pulse for pump pacing is available with the PD10. The 'hot-tap' models (TX150/250) can be installed or serviced without shutting down the line by means of a 2' full-port isolation valve that comes with a nipple for installation on the pipe fitting. In most circumstances, no special tool is required.
- Isolation valve allows insertion and removal with the pipe under pressure
- Two sizes fit entire pipe range: TX150 to 10', TX250 to 48'
- Turbine sensor allows lowest minimum flow rate
- High-quality ruby bearings for excellent low-flow performance and long life
- One easily-replaced moving part
- Square-wave frequency output can connect directly to PLC's or counter controls
- Uses standard NPT threaded pipe fittings or saddles
- Controls can be remote or meter mounted
- Wide flow range
- One moving part
- Hot tap available
- Modular electronics compatible
- Easily depth adjustable for 3-40' pipe
- Clean water
- Large pipes
- Aquariums, water parks
- Water & wastewater monitoring