Model Type 56 - Thermoplastic Butterfly Valves
From Butterfly Valves
Butterfly valves are named for the wing-like action of the flow-controlling disc, which operates at right angles to the flow. The disc has about the same diameter as the connecting pipe, and the flow is straight through, with a low pressure drop. Maintenance is easy due to the small number of moving parts. The butterfly valve can be used either as an on/off or modulating type of valve. Type 56 Valve has no metal to media or environment contact whatsoever. These valves may be operated manually, electrically, or pneumatically.
- Standard model (1-1/2' - 14') has PVC body and PP disc for better chemical resistance at temperatures higher than can be achieved with PVC. 16' has PP body and PP disc as standard.
- Our 316/403 stainless steel shaft has full engagement over the entire length of the disc and is a non-wetted part, totally isolated from the media.
- Only solid and abrasion-resistant plastic disc and elastomeric liner are wetted parts.
- ISO bolt circle on top flange - no body or stem modifications required for accessories.
- Sizes: Lever: 1-1/2' - 8'
- Gear: 8' - 16'
- Models: Wafer style
- Operators: Lever and gear
- Bodies: PVC, PP and PVDF
- Discs: PVC, PP and PVDF
- Seats: EPDM or FKM. Also: Nitrile, Butyl, Hypalon®†, and Neoprene®†
- Seals: Same as seating material
- Stems: 403 and 316 stainless steel, titanium, Hastelloy C®‡, etc.
- Series 79 Pneumatic
- Series 92 & 94 Electric
- Series 83 Electromni
- Pneumatically and electrically actuated with accessories
- Alternate discs:
- (I) PVC : 1-1/2' - 14'
- (III) PVDF : 1-1/2' - 16'
- Gear operators for 1 1/2'- 6'
- Lug style (stainless steel 304 or 316) as
- blocking and end-of-line applications
- Stems in 316 stainless steel, titanium,
- Hastelloy C® etc.
- 2' square nut on stem
- 2' square nut on gear operator
- Stem extensions (single stem and two-piece stem)
- Locking devices (gear type - standard on lever)
- Chain operators
- Manual limit switch
- Tandem arrangements (patented by A/A, Inc.)