Model UBD - Slurry Pump
From Pumps & Foundry
The patented UBD™ Slurry Pump is considered the greatest advancement in matrix pumping Mill cyclone feed pumping and hydro-transport of tailings in the last decade. Designed to upgrade the GIW-LSA/WBC style pumps featuring clean hydraulic porting, this pump incorporates the patented recessed volute with a nesting closed impeller, which prevents eddy-current induced wear sites and virtually eliminates re-circulation between the impeller shroud and suction liner. Coupled with a clean suction port and the right choice of materials, our customers are realizing improved wear life and reduced operating cost.
- Improved NPSHR, “net positive suction head required”
- Lower power consumption (less drag)
- Passes large particles
- Variety of typical sizes
- Wear-resistant materials
- Significant improvement in hydraulic performance
- Uniform wear means extended life
- When coupled with our Townley Bearing assembly, we incorporate a heavy duty shaft to prevent deflections induced by uneven impeller loads
- Pre-tested bearing assembly and extra heavy duty pedestal to assure reliable field operation
- Unique impeller release collar to provide the safe removal of the worn impeller
Available in alloy for coarse feed and Towniprene lined for certain tailings applications
Townley Engineering and Manufacturing does not represent nor is it any way affiliated with GIW-LSA/WBC®, a registered trade mark of the KSB Group.