Model WS750 - Wastewater/Stormwater Sampler
From Water Samplers
Our new WS750 two-bottle wastewater/stormwater samplers combine all the features you need to meet a wide variety of sampling requirements, including those for stormwater, industrial discharge, water and wastewater treatment, waste collection systems, and rivers and streams.
The WS750 wastewater/stormwater sampler's state of the art controller gives you complete control over your wastewater/stormwater sampling process. With the wastewater/stormwater sampler's sample size control, you can take individual time-weighted composite samples or full-bottle discrete grab samples. The wastewater/stormwater sampler's sample interval control allows you set the time between individual composite samples or enable the external trigger mode. A start delay timer allows you to start multiple wastewater/stormwater samplers in the field at the same time, or to delay drawing a wastewater/stormwater sample after a triggering event so that your sample better represents the water source. An automatic15 second backflush cycle clears any debris from the wastewater/stormwater sampler's strainer and empties the water from the hose so the next sample is not contaminated.
A unique feature of the WS750 stormwater/wastewater samplers is the ability to set the sampling mode for each pump and bottle individually. This allows you to take two individual time-weighted or flow proportional composite samples, or you can set the stormwater/wastewater samplers to take full-bottle discrete (grab) samples, or you can set the stormwater/wastewater samplers to take a full-bottle discrete (grab) sample in one bottle and a time-weighted or flow proportional composite sample in the other. In the case of two composite samples you can have different size settings for each pump.
The WS750 stormwater/wastewater samplers are easy to set up in the field. The stormwater/wastewater samplers rugged rainproof enclosure can be padlocked and/or chained to prevent tampering. The stormwater/wastewater samplers are enclosed in a relatively small case that can be easily hidden or camouflaged to prevent vandalism. The stormwater/wastewater sampler's is lightweight enough that even with a full sample bottle it can be suspended in a manhole for stormdrain or sewer sampling.
The WS750 wastewater/stormwater samplers come with two 1-gallon polyethylene sample bottles for collecting composite samples, two peristaltic sampling pump, a circuit board controller, and a rechargeable gel cell battery. Also provided are two sample pickup hoses and a battery charger. Everything you need is provided for a successful wastewater management or environmental monitoring program.
The composite/discrete water sampler's 5 AH rechargeable battery will power the sampler for several months or a half hour of continous sampling with both pumps.
The wastewater/stormwater sampler's sample bottles are each equipped with a float switch that automatically turns off the peristaltic sampling pump if the water bottle becomes full.
The user can adjust the wastewater/stormwater sampler's peristaltic pumps individually to one of 15 composite sample sizes from 50ml to 2 liters plus a full bottle discrete setting. The wastewater/stormwater sampler's peristaltic pumps can be set to a single sample time interval from 5 minutes to 12 hours plus an external trigger mode setting for flow proportional sampling.
Flow Proportional Sampling
An external pulse-type flow meter can control the water sample interval for true flow proportional sampling. Global Water's Open Channel Flow Monitor has a flow-proportional output signal for triggering the WS750 wastewater/stormwater samplers. If you already have a flow meter but it has a 4-20mA output, please look at the related products section of the Wastewater/Stormwater Samplers Options & Prices section
Remote Water Sampling Notification
Attach the AD200 Autodialer or CVD-2000P Cellular Autodialer to your wastewater/stormwater sampler to add remote sample notification. This accessory will save you travel time by ensuring that you always know when your wastewater/stormwater water samplers have taken a sample at your monitoring sites.
- Ideal for wastewater, industrial and environmental sampling
- CE Certified
- Does composite, discrete or both types of sampling
- Simple to operate – no programming required
- Output provided for use with optional datalogger
- Lightweight and easy to carry
- Rugged construction for harsh environments
- Meets federal, state and local wastewater regulations
- Timed and external flow proportional sampling
- Adjustable and repeatable sample volume
- Peristaltic pump prevents sample contamination
- Automatic backflush clears pickup strainer and hose
- Rechargeable battery or AC powered
- The easiest and most reliable method for collecting water quality samples
- Operating Temperature: 32° to +158°F (0° to +70°C)
- Enclosure: Expanded UV protected PVC
- Bottles: Two 1 gallon Polyethylene
- Pickup Hose: 15 ft reinforced PVC 1/4' ID polyethylene flexible tubing section with intake strainer
- Pump Tubing: Norprene 1/4' ID, 7/16' OD
- Sample Pump:
- Flow Rate: 1000 ml per minute at a 4 foot head
- Type: Peristaltic
- Maximum Lift: ~20 feet
- Battery: Rechargeable 5 AH Gel Cell
- Battery Life:
- One Pump running: ~1 hour Two Pumps running: ~ ½ hour
- Standby: 3 months while still retaining enough power to run the pump to capacity
- Start Delay: 16 time settings from 0 to 12 hours
- Composite Interval: 15 time settings from 5 min. to 12 hours plus an External Trigger mode setting
- Sample Size: 15 composite sample sizes from 50ml to 2 liters plus a Full Bottle discrete setting (Approximate sizes at 4 foot head)
- External Trigger Input: 250mS minimum pulse width
- Switch closure or 4-30VDC
- Pulse Output: 5VDC one-second pulse
- 1000ohm output impedance
- Bottle Switch Input: Switch closure Input
- Floating read switch in bottle
- Rain and Water Sensors: Optional moisture sensors or switch closure inputs
- Internal Fuse: 10A Slow-Blow
- Size of unit: 22x17x9 inch (56x43x23 cm) (HxWxD)
- Weight: 22 lb (10 kg) (Shipping Weight 24 lb (11 kg))