Model WS755 - Improved Wastewater/Stormwater Sampler
From Water Samplers
Our new WS755 improved two-bottle wastewater/stormwater samplers combine all the features you need to meet a wide variety of sampling requirements, including those for stormwater, industrial discharge, water and wastewater treatment, waste collection systems, and rivers and streams.
The WS755 wastewater/stormwater sampler's state of the art controller gives you complete control over your wastewater/stormwater sampling process. With the wastewater/stormwater sampler's sample size control, you can take individual time-weighted composite samples or full-bottle discrete grab samples. The wastewater/stormwater sampler's sample interval control allows you set the time between individual composite samples or enable the external trigger mode. A start delay timer allows you to start multiple wastewater/stormwater samplers in the field at the same time, or to delay drawing a wastewater/stormwater sample after a triggering event so that your sample better represents the water source. An automatic 15 second backflush cycle clears any debris from the wastewater/stormwater sampler's strainer and empties the water from the hose so the next sample is not contaminated.
A unique feature of the WS755 stormwater/wastewater samplers is the ability to set the sampling mode for each pump and bottle individually. This allows you to take two individual time-weighted or flow proportional composite samples, or you can set the stormwater/wastewater samplers to take full-bottle discrete (grab) samples, or you can set them to take a full-bottle discrete (grab) sample in one bottle and a time-weighted or flow proportional composite sample in the other. In the case of two composite samples you can have different size settings for each pump.
Improved Water Sampler Enclosure
The stormwater/wastewater water sampler's rugged rainproof enclosure can be padlocked and/or chained to prevent tampering. The stormwater/wastewater samplers are enclosed in a case that can be easily hidden or camouflaged to prevent vandalism. The samplers are lightweight enough that even with a full sample bottle the stormwater/wastewater samplers can be suspended, from the over-molded handle on top, in a manhole or tree. The compact enclosure features heavy duty polyurethane wheels and a retractable extension handle for easy transportation. The pickup hoses come with quick disconnect fittings which allows them to be disconnected from the stormwater/wastewater sampler and conveniently stored inside the enclosure when being moved or when not in use.
The wastewater/stormwater sampler's 5 AH rechargeable battery will power the sampler for several months or several sampling events. The sealed gel-cell battery and BC100 smart charge controller are contained in a separate battery box inside the wastewater/stormwater sampler's main enclosure to isolate and protect electrical connections. The included smart charger prevents overcharging and greatly extends battery life over other charging methods. Optional AC and solar panel charging options are available, see the Wastewater/Stormwater Samplers Options & Prices section for more information.
The wastewater/stormwater sampler's sample bottles are each equipped with a float switch that automatically turns off the peristaltic sampling pump if the water bottle becomes full.
The user can adjust the wastewater/stormwater sampler's peristaltic pumps individually to one of 15 composite sample sizes from 50ml to 2 liters plus a full bottle discrete setting. The wastewater/stormwater sampler's peristaltic pumps can be set to a single sample time interval from 5 minutes to 12 hours plus an external trigger mode setting for flow proportional sampling.
Flow Proportional Sampling
An external pulse-type flow meter can control the water sample interval for true flow proportional sampling. Global Water's Open Channel Flow Monitor has a flow-proportional output signal for triggering the WS755 stormwater/wastewater samplers. If you already have a flow meter but it has a 4-20mA output, please look at the related products section of the Wastewater/Stormwater Samplers Options & Prices section
Remote Water Sampling Notification
Attach the AD200 Autodialer or CVD-2000P Cellular Autodialer to your wastewater/stormwater sampler to add remote sample notification. This accessory will save you travel time by ensuring that you always know when your wastewater/stormwater samplers have taken a sample at your monitoring sites.
The WS755 improved wastewater/stormwater samplers come with two 1-gallon polyethylene sample bottles for collecting composite samples, two peristaltic sampling pump, a circuit board controller, and a rechargeable gel cell battery. Also provided are two sample pickup hoses and a battery charger. Everything you need is provided for a successful wastewater management or environmental monitoring program.
- Ideal for wastewater, industrial and environmental sampling
- CE Certified
- Does composite, discrete or both types of sampling
- Simple to operate – no programming required
- Quick disconnect pickup hoses conveniently stored inside the enclosure for easy transport
- Heavy duty wheels and retractable handle built in
- Rugged construction for harsh environments
- Meets federal, state and local wastewater regulations
- Timed and external flow proportional sampling
- Adjustable and repeatable sample volume
- Peristaltic pump prevents sample contamination
- Automatic backflush clears pickup strainer and hose
- Enclosed battery compartment and smart battery charger to improve battery life
- The easiest and most reliable method for collecting water quality samples
- Operating Temperature: 32° to +158°F (0° to +70°C)
- Enclosure: Expanded UV protected PVC
- Bottles: Two 1 gallon polyethylene
- Pickup Hose: 15 ft (4.6 m) reinforced PVC 1/4 inch ID polyethylene flexible tubing section with 20-Mesh intake strainer and quick-disconnect fittings
- Pump Tubing: Norprene 1/4' ID, 7/16' OD
- Sample Pump:
- Flow Rate: 1000 ml per minute at a 4 foot head
- Type: Peristaltic
- Maximum Lift: ~20 ft (6 m)
- Battery: Rechargeable 5 AH Gel Cell
- Battery Life:
- One Pump running continuously: ~1 hour
- Two Pumps running continuously: ~ ½ hour
- Standby: 3 months while still retaining enough power both pumps to capacity
- Start Delay: 16 time settings from 0 to 12 hours
- Composite Interval: 15 time settings from 5 min. to 12 hours plus an External Trigger mode setting
- Sample Size: 15 composite sample sizes from 50 ml to 2 liters plus a Full Bottle discrete setting (Approximate sizes at 4 foot head)
- External Trigger Input: 250 mS minimum pulse width
- Switch closure or 4-30 VDC
- Pulse Output: 5 VDC one-second pulse
- 1000 ohm output impedance
- Bottle Switch Input: Switch closure Input
- Floating read switch in bottle
- Rain and Water Sensors: Optional moisture sensors or switch closure inputs
- Internal Fuse: 10A Slow-Blow
- Charger: 18 VDC Regulated Switching Supply, 330 mA 6 Watt, 2.1 mm Connector
- Size of unit: 22x18x10 inch (56x45.7x25.4 cm) (HxWxD)
- Weight: 30 lb (13.6 kg) (Shipping Weight 32 lb (14.5 kg))