Singer Valve - Model 106/206-A-Type 2 - One-Way Flow Altitude Control Valve
The 106-A-Type 2 and 206-A-Type 2 altitude control valves are based on the 106-PG or 206-PG main valve and are ideal for maintaining a preset maximum water level. The valve functions as a two position control valve, either fully open or fully closed. The Type 2 valve allows normal forward flow to fill the reservoir to the maximum level and then closes drip-tight at the set-point. It opens to refill the tank once the level drops a fixed distance below the high water level.
- No overflows - high level shut-off maintained to close tolerances
- Superior repeatability
- Positive shut-off
- Easily serviceable at ground level
1. Main Valve - 106-PG or 206-PG - with X107 position indicator
2. Strainer - 40 mesh stainless steel screen
3. Model 301-4 Altitude Pilot
4. Closing Speed Control
5. Altitude Gauge
6. Isolation Valve
8. Isolation Valve
9. Sensing connection to reservoir (complete in field by others)
10. Isolation Valve
Standard materials for pilot system components are:
- Ductile Iron
- Stainless Steel
- The valve shall be a Singer Valve model 106-A-Type 2 / 206-A-Type 2, size “_____”, ANSI Class 150 (ANSI 300, ANSI flanges drilled to ISO PN 10 / 16 / 25 or 40) pressure rating / flange standard, globe (angle), style valve. The Model 301-4 Altitude Pilot spring range (elevation) shall be “___ to ___” feet / meters, with set-point preset at Singer Valve to “___” feet / meters. Assembly shall be according to Schematic A-0413C.
- The valve allows normal forward flow to fill the reservoir to the maximum level then closes drip-tight at the set-point. It opens to refill the tank once the level drops a fixed distance below the high water level.
- Refer to Main Valve section, page 11, 106-PG (or 206-PG) and Main Valve Options section, Model X107 Position Indicator for detailed information pertaining to valve sizes and materials, selection criteria and specifications.
- Refer to Pilot and Accessories section, page 249, Model 301-4 Altitude Pilot for detailed information pertaining to materials and specifications.