ModMAG - Model M7600 - Electromagnetic Flow Meter
The Badger Meter M7600 flow meter combines the most advanced electromagnetic flow metering technology with a simple, yet robust, output for batching systems found in industrial applications.
- Open cross-section design: no pressure loss, no moving parts, no maintenance required
- Unaffected by the presence of most suspended solids in the liquid
- Pulsed DC magnetic field for maximum zero point stability
- Two standard pulse outputs: solid-state relay and open collector output, compatible with most batch controllers and totalizer displays
- Programmable scale factor
- Long life, corrosion-resistant liner (PTFE)
- Size : 1/2...4 in.
- Temperature Range : Up to 212 °F
- Flow Range : 0.14...1320 gpm
- Pressure Range : Up to 232 PSI
- Accuracy : ±0.5 %
- Application Examples : Industrial Batch
- Industries : Concrete Production Industrial
The M7600 meters have stainless steel flow tubes with internal isolating linings. Two electromagnetic coils are located outside the flow tube, diametrically opposed to each other and protected by a carbon steel housing. Two electrodes, inserted into the flow tube, are positioned flush with the internal diameter of the tube and perpendicular to the coils. The coils are energized by a pulsed DC voltage provided by the electronic converter, and a magnetic field is generated across the flow tube section. According to Faraday’s law, when this magnetic field is cut by the conductive liquid flowing through the meter, a voltage is generated in the liquid. This voltage is directly proportional to the liquid flow velocity, and therefore to the actual volumetric flow rate of the liquid. The electronic converter measures this voltage, processes the signal, and provides two digital pulse outputs, scalable to the desired volumetric value. These digital pulse outputs can be connected to a batch controller, a totalizer display unit for monitoring purposes, or to both devices simultaneously.
The operation of the M7600 meter is not affected by a moderate presence of most suspended solids in the liquid. Variations of liquid temperature, viscosity or density have no influence in the principle of operation.
Because of its inherent advantages over other more conventional technologies, the M7600 meter can be used in the majority of industrial process batching applications and is the meter of choice for concrete batching operations. Whether the fluid is water or something very viscous, contains a moderate amount of solids or requires special handling, the M7600 meter will be able to accurately provide flow measurement.