A comprehensive tool for commercial and research purposes, Profiler Buoy ‘Mona’ is designed to be an end to end solution. A sea monitoring system consisting of an autonomous profiler buoy, data-logger, hardware controller and software based data management system. This system provides a comprehensive product that is both cost-effective and time-efficient.
With an integrated profiler module and probe, as a autonomous in-situ sea monitoring system our profiler buoy transmits real-time data of the sea profile.
Flydog Marine’s Profiler Buoy ‘Mona’ can be equipped with sensors to measure parameters specified by the customer (temperature, salinity, microbiology, etc.). The sensors are lowered to the bottom of the sea from an on-board winch making measurements on the way. The collected data is sent to the server for further processing. Multiple data transfer protocols are supported (GPRS, UMTS, Iridium). The waterproof cargo bay can carry different measuring, surveillance and data equipment.
MARINE GRADE PANELS
BUILT-IN SOLAR PANEL CHARGER MAKES IT POSSIBLE TO WORK OFF THE GRID.
3RD PARTY MARINE SENSORS
COMPATIBLE WITH VARIOUS MULTI-PARAMETER CTD’S (YSI, SEA-BIRD, IDRONAUT, ETC.).
GPRS, UTMS, IRIDIUM. MULTIPLE DATA TRANSFER PROTOCOLS SUPPORTED.
WHEN GPS POSITION CHANGES, THE SYSTEM SENDS OUT ALERTS VIA SMS AND E-MAIL.
PROFILING DEPTH UP TO 200M
HOLD UP TO 200M OF CABLE WHILE KEEPING IT COMPLETELY TANGLE FREE.
CONTROLLER + DATA LOGGER
THE BRAINS OF THE BUOY. TAKING CARE OF WINCHING, DATA-LOGGING, AND MONITORING.
LiFePO4 CELLS (12 V, 20 AH) CHARGED BY 3x24W PANELS.
BACKUP POWER SOURCE
NON-RECHARGEABLE ALKALINE BATTERY PACKS (12 V, 2×500 AH)
- Profiling Depth: 200 m Profile Speed: 0.05-0.2 m/s
- Diameter: 1,2 m Weight: 450 kg Length: 4 m Height Above Water: 2 m
- Construction: Float from polyurethane foam covered with hard polyurethane coating.
- Integrated Hardware Controller & Data-Logger with SensorNest software platform
- Batteries: LiFePO4 cells (12 V, 20 Ah) charged by 3x24W marine grade solar panels
- Spare Batteries: Non-rechargeable alkaline battery packs (12 V, 2×500 Ah)
- Integration: It can be equipped with various multi-parameter CTD’s. (YSI, Sea-Bird, Idronaut, etc.)