Monster - Wash Press Processes Screening
Monster Wash Press to Get Cleaner Screenings. The Monster Wash Press is JWC Environmental’s latest generation of washer compactors. The Monster Wash Press processes screenings to separate water and organics from the solids. The result is a clean, dry, light and compact discharge which reduces the amount of waste to be dumped, ultimately saving treatment facilities time and money.
The Monster Wash Press may be outfitted with a Muffin Monster grinder to pre-condition the screenings before they enter the washer compactor. The grinder breaks open rags, plastics and trash to promote washing and removal of soft organics during the wash cycle. Additionally, pre-conditioned screenings result in superior compaction, reducing the volume of discharge that must be hauled away.
Discharge from the pre-conditioning Muffin Monster or directly from the screen enters a Pre-Wash Zone of the wash press where the debris is saturated with clean water to begin the process of separating organics from the solids. An auger rotor transports the soaked debris into the Active Wash Zone of the Monster Wash Press where a paddle rotor* agitates the material, enhancing wash water penetration throughout the debris. The results is the effective washing of soft organics from the solids. The soft organics pass through a screen and are returned to the plant’s waste stream for treatment.
The washed solids move to the dewatering zone of the auger rotor where the process of removing the free liquids in the screenings begins. The final step is the Compaction Zone where more water is removed and the solids are compacted. The resultant discharge emerges from the Monster Wash Press as a dry, solid plug.
Dual Shafted Grinder (optional)
- 30K Muffin Monster grinds screenings discharge for the best washing and compacting.
- Easy to retrofit grinderless Monster Wash Press with a Muffin Monster.
- Soaks screenings to jump-start separation of organics from solids.
- Brushless auger rotor to promote free movement of debris to active wash zone.
Active Wash Zone
- Paddle rotor* mixes and break-ups debris in wash zone to optimize separation of soft organics from solids.
- Brushed rotor keeps wash press screen clean.
- Customer defined 2, 3, or 6 mm perforated screen to separate solids from organics.
- Segmented auger rotor brush allows in situ brush replacement.
- Removable top cover and drive end plate* minimizes clearance space needed to remove rotor and screen.
- Field replaceable screen.
- Multiple inspection ports for easy examination of equipment and operation.
The Monster Wash Press is currently available only in North America.