Morrill - Model 900 Series - Tornado Filter
Morrill Industries, Inc. introduces the Morrill Industries 900 Series Tornado Filter is an inline, self-cleaning water filter, designed for Well Water and Surface Water Filtration applications.
The Morrill Industries 900 Series Tornado Filter is an inline, self-cleaning water filter, designed for Well Water and Surface Water Filtration applications. The key to the Tornado Filters success is the combination of an Entrance Nozzle Plate, Velocity Tube, High Velocities down the Length of the Filter Screen and Reduced Flow Velocity through the Tornado Filter Screen. These four concepts work together to optimize the cleaning efficiency of the Tornado Filters.
The Entrance Nozzle plate increases the velocity of water entering the filter and forces it in a downward, rotational pattern. The Velocity Tube keeps the water moving at an optimal velocity down the entire length of the filter screen. The Filter Screen itself has been designed to have a maximum flow velocity through the screen of .50 feet per second (1.50 Gallons per square inch per minute) or less. The low velocity of the water passing through the screen allows the high cleaning velocity of the water entering the Tornado Filter to force sand and debris off the screen and into the End Cap (Catch Basin). From the End Cap, sand and debris are washed out through the flush valve while your clean water exits through the Filter Screen and into your water supply line. Proper installation and Filter setup will result and a 4-8 psi differential pressure loss through the Tornado Filter on Well Water conditions and a 5-8 psi differential on Surface Water conditions.
Materials Of Construction Well Water & Surface Water Filters Body
- Tornado Filters are constructed from 304/304L Stainless Steel Pipe meeting ASTM A778 specifications.
- 304 Stainless Steel Flanges meet ASME/ANSI Drilling for Class 150.
- Threaded Outlets are 304 Stainless Steel with threads to ANSI B1.20.1
- All Standard Gaskets and Nozzle Plugs are EPDM Material.
- Standard Ball valves included with Tornado Filters are Forged Brass w/ PTFE packing.
- Units above 6¡¨ utilize a Bolted Filter End Cap (Catch Basin).
- Units 6¡¨ and under utilize a Cross Bolt Connection for the Filter End Cap (Catch Basin), constructed of cast iron. (See Main Components Page)
- Perforated Screen is 304 Stainless Steel.
- Mesh Screen Material is 316 Stainless Steel.
- Well Water Tornado Filters are offered with 24, 40, 60, 120, 200 mesh screens.
- Surface Water Tornado Filters are offered with 24 or 40 mesh screens only.