NicAIR - Model 2 - Multi Application Integrated Camera System
The NicAIR family are a series of multi-spectral infrared imaging systems capable of detecting volcanic ash, sulfur dioxide and other gaseous species. Originally designed for volcanic applications, the system has also been successful at industrial sites.
Based on more then 20 years experience in IR technology developments, the camera is able to detect and quantify volcanic ash and SO2, as well as plume and ground surface temperatures.
- Successor to NicAIR, can be used for volcanic, industrial and atmospheric applications.
- Uncooled microbolometer IR Camera has three narrow waveband filters at 8.6 µm, 10.3 µm, 12.1 µm and one broadband filter, which enable the simultaneous detection of volcanic ash and SO2. The system has the capacity for up to five wavelength filters.
- HD webcam and NIR camera to record visible imagery day and night.
- Integral GPS for accurate time and location
- Built in tilt meter to measure viewing angle (accurate to nearest 0.5°).
- Weatherproof casing , with sealed viewing windows (Ge and Sapphire).
The system can be used standalone or as a part of a network for synchronous acquisition.
Cameras may be locally controlled via USB connection via a network interface
Integrated 512 GB HDD to allow local storage in case of network connectivity failure
System contains internal temperature and humidity sensors to monitor environment.