This laser based Open Path Gas Detector (OPGD) can detect a range of Hydrocarbons e.g. Methane, Ethane, Propane, Butane, Pentane, Hexane, Ethylene, Propylene and Butene. Unlike traditional NDIR hydrocarbon devices, which are calibrated for a single hydrocarbon, Senscient’s Multi Hydrocarbon device is factory calibrated to provide highly dependable gas readings for Methane, Ethane and Ethylene plus a fourth higher hydrocarbon selectable at the time of manufacture.
This laser based Multi Hydrocarbon device, provides significant advantages over traditional NDIR devices including: improved reliability of response to a wide range of different hydrocarbon gases, greater resilience to the effects of rain, fog, obscuration and misalignment, plus total immunity to false alarms from oil mist and plastic bag debris.
Combined with the patented daily auto-self testing facility; called SimuGasTM; the Senscient ELDSTM Multi Hydrocarbon detector negates the need for manual intervention with plastic filters to validate performance, providing significant operational cost savings.
- Ultra narrow wavelength operation - Improved availabitity in heavy fog and rain compared to traditional NDIR devices
- SimuGasTM daily auto gas testing - No manual intervention or on-going cost for routine gas testing.
- Calibrated with up to 4 hydrocarbons - Providing greater accuracy over a wider range of gases
- Operates up to 60 metres - Significant installation cost savings over multiple fixed point gas detectors.
- BluetoothTM connectivity - No physical intervention required for local interrogation, event log downloading and trouble shooting.
Multi Hydrocarbon OPGD devices are used to monitor for fugitive emissions and protect plant from the risk of explosion. These devices are typically located to provide a detection barrier around the perimeter of a plant, process or storage area; or positioned in close proximity to specific items of plant, that pose a real risk of gas escape: e.g. compressors, pump sets, pressure reducers, valves and pipe flanges.
A Multi Hydrocarbon detector is ideally suited for applications where there is the potential for a number of different hydrocarbons to be present in the same area.
- Petrochemical refineries
- Chemical plants
- Gas conditioning plants
- Metals manufacturing plants