MULTISTREAM - Model B Series - Bulk Material Flow Meter
Flexibility and simple scope for integration are just two of the many benefits of the MULTISTREAM® B solid flow meter. The closed inline measuring system for continuously recording flow volumes and rates covers a large range of possible uses, even in the basic version. It can be used to measure throughput and consumption or to balance and load powdered or granular bulk materials with an individual grain size of up to 30mm; at rates of up to 100t/hr or max. 80m³/hr.
Since the inlet and outlet do not have to be offset, the device is also perfectly suited for low-cost integration in existing production plants.
Since the meter is designed as a complete module for on-site operation, DISOCONT®evaluation electronics can be easily included in the integrated electronics housing. The basic equipment features a stainless steel housing, baffle plate, measuring sensor and integrated electronics housing.
When combined with a controllable metering hopper, MULTISTREAM®B can even be used as a feeding system. Schenck Process specialists will configure the meter to your requirements on request.
- Flow following the baffle plate measuring principle
- Compact design without height being lost through the use of extra chutes
- Low-cost, simple integration as inlet and outlet do not have to be offset
- Dustproof stainless steel housing
- Evaluation electronics can be integrated in mechanism
MULTISTREAM B Solids Flow Meters are designed as enclosed in-line measuring systems for continuous acquisition of flow rates and totalized amounts. With flow rates up to 100 t/h, or max. 80 m3/h, these measuring systems can be used for
- flow rate and consumption measurement
- totalization and
of pulverized to granular materials with a grain size of up to 30 mm. Equipped with a controllable pre-feeder, MULTISTREAM B is also available for use as a feed system, upon request.
Its inlet/outlet arrangement without offset makes this measuring system specially suitable for economical integration into existing production plants.
The standard equipment of MULTISTREAM B Solids Flow Meters comprises:
- Stainless steel housing
- Impact plate
- Load cell
- Integrated electronic box
Designed as a complete module for local operation, the ECOCONT weighing electronics can be easily accommodated in the box which is integrated in the measuring system. Of course, it is also possible to install the weighing electronics outside of the measuring system, e.g. in the control cabinet.
Measuring systems operating according to the impact plate principle acquire the flow rate by means of a reactive force.
Guided by the inlet pipe, the material stream hits the impact plate mounted at a defined angle of inclination. The load cell and the weighing electronics acquire the horizontal component of the reactive force. Material build-ups do not affect the measuring result. Reproducible conditions of material feed, e.g. height and speed of fall or angle of impact, provide for highest accuracies.
If higher accuracies are required, check measurements are necessary which allow the measuring system to be calibrated without interrupting material flow. Requiring a presilo to be weighed, this additional equipment is available upon request.
MULTISTREAM B80 Solids Flow Meters
- Flow rate : min. 1 t/h – max. 80 m³/h (100 t/h)
- Accuracy : ±2 % of nominal flow rate
- Measuring range : 1 : 5
- Operating pressure : -25 mbar to 50 mbar
- Inlet/outlet flange dimensions (DIN) : 200 mm / 200 mm
- Weight : 50 kg
- Ambient temperature : -30 °C to +60 °C
- Material temperature : max. 70 °C
- Bulk density min. : 0,4 t/m³
- Grain size : max. 10 mm (single grain up to 30 mm)
- Flow properties : pulverized to granular, non sticky