Munters - Model SM24 - Inlet Shutters
SM inlet shutters are suitable for use in the livestock and greenhouse industries as well as traditional industries. In order to obtain a quick and responsive control over the fresh-air intake into a house, a SM inlet shutter can be utilized. Air is sucked into the house structure through an open SM inlet shutter by means of exhaust fans, placed in the exterior walls of the structure, or by our EMT range of jet fans utilized to blend fresh-air with internal house air.
SM Shutter are available with drive motors (SMT) for automatic opening or for manual operation (SMA). The SMC version has been designed specifically to be used as a retrofit exhaust shutter system for existing circulation fans that need to be converted to exhaust fans To improve aerodynamic efficiency and reduce pressure losses the shutter design has been developed in Munters R&D lab. The test chamber has been built according to ANSI/AMCA 210-85 Figure 15 specifications. Construction details and airtightness have been verified by personnel of the BESS Lab at the Agricultural Engineering Dept, University of Illinois – USA.
- Housing frame made of the corrosion resistant material Munters Protect
- Shutter bearing and seals made of high resistance acetalic plastic with UV protection, and are maintenance-free
- Shutter systems have been designed to be matched and balanced in a size ratio with the Euroemme range of exhaust fans, for energy and pressure drop efficiency
- SM shutter systems are specially designed to transformed circulation fans to exhaust fans
- Each motor and shutter system is individually tested for 100% quality control and performance
- Simple and easy installation
- SMT motorized version allows simplicity with automation of ventilation inlet requirements
- Weight (with motor actuator) : 10.5 kg
- Number of shutterblades : 5
- Inlet opening : 0,44 m2