Murphy - Model M2582-P / M5180-P - Fuel Shut-off Valves
These fuel shutoff valves are semi-automatic devices for shutdown of natural gas-fueled engines. The valve is opened manually and closes when the electromagnet is energized and trips the latch. The valve can be closed manually by turning the disconnect knob. A normally energized model is available that holds the valve open electrically and closes when the coil is de-energized. A vent in the valve body relieves trapped gas when the valve closes. A pop-out indicator button informs you when the valve is open or closed.
- Pneumatically Open and Shut Off Fuel Gas Automatically or Semi-automatically
- Pneumatic Control Pressure Can Be Air, Gas or Oil
- Models for 2 in. or 1 in. (51 mm or 25 mm) Fuel Gas Lines
The valve’s tripping power is provided by an engine ignition system or battery. Models are available for magneto, CD ignition or 12-/24-V battery.
The M2582 is a 1-inch (25 mm) valve with one NPT connection. It has one SPDT snap-switch. The valve body is made of sandcast aluminum. It does not include the open/close indicator button.
The M5081 is a 2-inch (51 mm) valve with two NPT connections. It has two SPDT snap-switches. The valve body is available in sandcast aluminum or cast steel (optional).
The M5081FS is the same as the M5081 but has a normally energized circuit. This circuit allows the valve to be held open electrically and close by interruption of the coil’s power circuit. A manual trip knob is not available on this model. An optional 2-inch (51 mm) steel flange pipe connection is available for M5081 and M5081FS steel body models (see Dimensions).
Valve Body: Sandcast aluminum (alodined for corrosion resistance). Optional steel body available on M5180-P models only (see How to Order).
Valve Seat: Buna-N
Valve Inlet Pressure (Maximum):
- M2582-P: 80 psi (552 kPa) [5.52 bar]
- M5180-P: 100 psi (689 kPa) [6.89 bar]
Parts Exposed to Gas Line Flow:
- 302, 303, and 17-7 PH stainless steel
- Aluminum (Steel optional)
- 302, 303, 304, and 416 stainless steel
Control Diaphragm: Flexweave polyester fabric and Buna-N elastomer.
Control Pressure (Maximum):
- M2582-P: 75 psi (517 kPa) [5.17 bar]
- M5180-P: 80 psig (552 kPa) [5.52 bar]