Mycometer-air is the only USEPA verified rapid method for quantifying airborne fungal biomass. With a sampling time of 15 minutes and a reaction time of 30 minutes, Mycometer®-air makes it possible to obtain rapid onsite results.
- High reproducibility (
- The Mycometer-air test is verified by USEPA
- Objective analysis free from subjective evaluation
- Elimination of high short term variability with a standardized aggressive sampling protocol
- Aggressive Post Remediation sampling (similar to that used for asbestos) gives the best possible results for confident project completion
- Low chance of false negatives when using the aggressive sampling protocol
- Rapid results onsite
- No overloading
- Interpretive criteria for many applications
- Initial diagnostic assessment
- Rapid remediation clearance testing
- Pre/Post HVAC cleaning documentation
- Healthy Building Assessments
- Expedite disaster response damage assessment
- Healthcare ICRA documentation
- Routine maintenance cleaning confirmation
Data has been collected in the lab and in the field to establish the interpretation criteria. These categories were developed to aid the user with objective interpretation criteria.
- The level of mold is not above normal background level.
- The level of mold is above normal background level. This is typically due to high concentrations of spores , hyphal fragments in dust deposits but may in some cases indicate the presence of old mold damage (mold growth).
- The level of mold is high above normal background levels due to mold growth.
Sampling typically involves collecting 300- to 600 L of air on a filter. The three step analysis is then performed directly on the filter making handling of samples easy and robust. The reaction time is typically 30 min. Method corrects for ambient temperature effects on chemistry.
Field Data have been collected in many buildings of different types in different regions but mainly buildings with no mechanical ventilation. Interpretation criteria was developed from these data to assist in a building evaluation. In general, mechanically ventilated buildings are believed to have a lower level of air borne mould particles. Therefore, the level in mechanically entilated buildings should be lower than the criteria given for non-mechanically ventilated buildings.
- Green - The level of mold is not above normal background level.
- Yellow - The level of mould is above normal background level. This is typically due to high concentrations of spores , hyphal fragments in dust deposits but may in some cases indicate the presence of old mould damage (mould growth).
- Red - The level of mold is high above normal background levels due to mould growth.
Mycometer-air provides unprecedented reliability over currents methods. Whereas, spore traps and culture plates data sets may have standard deviations of more than 50%, Mycometer-air is consistently less than 10%. Improving data reliablility, means the data collected is more meaningful. The ability to collect robust data onsite means the professional can make the best decision possible in the least amount of time.
- On-site analysis. Determine the level of fungal contamination in air or on surfaces and in bulk material samples in less than an hour.
- Repeatable and reliable method. Robust chemistry is the basis of the method which has been scientifically tested and field proven.
- Easily interpreted. The robust chemistry provides defined cut off values for clean/not clean and for normal or contaminated levels.
- Cost Effective. Cost comparable to standard lab analysis of tapelift or spore trap samples.
No other test equipment on the market today allows you to detect fungal and bacterial contamination on-site in less than an hour. The unique versatility makes this equipment very cost efficient. By using Mycometer, the practitioner can make reliable, accurate diagnostics of the true microbial conditions in the field.