- The “dual” range PoolMeter is the perfect instrument for the measurement and control of pools and spas.
- The “dual” range PoolMeter is a simple compact instrument which operates on the principal of electrical conductivity.
- The “dual” range PoolMeter converts electrical conductivity directly into parts per million (ppm) of Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) OR ppm of Sodium Chloride (NaCl) as selected. Perfect for high Sodium Chloride systems.
- Fast and Accurate
- Displays in both TDS and NaCl values
- Great for making differential readings in HIGH salt pools and spas utilizing electrolysis for bio control.
- Completely self-contained
- Auto Temperature compensation
- Simple to use:
- Fill cell cup.
- Select TDS or NaCl.
- Press Black Button.
- Take reading.
- Built-in calibration check Accurate to ±2% of full scale
- 3.4 x 4.5 x 4.0 in./86 x 114 x 102 mm and weighs less than 1 lb./0,45 kg
- Completely self-contained with built-in cell cup and sensors — no cables to tangle.
- Temperature automatically compensated to 25°C/77°C from 50° to 160°F/10° to 71°C
- Powered by a 9 volt battery — good for at least 2000 tests, or one year shelf life.
Similar Myron L models have been used in the pool and spa industry for decades.
442™: Your PoolMeter™ has been factory calibrated with the TDS 442 Standard Solution. The 442 Standard Solutions consist of the following salt ratios: 40% sodium sulfate, 40% sodium bicarbonate, and 20% sodium chloride. This salt ratio has conductivity characteristics closely matching natural waters and was developed by the Myron L® Company over four decades ago.
Sodium Chloride: For every ppm 442 Standard Solution, there is a ppm sodium chloride (NaCl) solution which will have the same conductivity. The parts per million of the equivalent NaCl solution is on each Standard Solution label. Instruments calibrated to NaCl standards are set using equivalent NaCl values.
All Myron L® Company Standard Solutions are traceable to the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and are within 1.00% of reference solutions. The concentrations of the reference solutions are calculated from data in the International Critical Tables, Vol. 6.
All Myron L® conductivity Standard Solution bottle labels show three values: ppm 442, ppm sodium chloride, and conductivity in micromhos.
Recommended Standard Solution ppm 442™ and ppm NaCl
- 442-30,000 (when used with RE-10)*
- * Specify quart (Q), gallon (G) or 2 oz. (2OZ).
- Ex. 442-3000Q
The RE-10 Range Extender is a useful accessory for testing high conductivity/ppm solutions beyond the normal range of your PoolMeter. Inserting the RE-10 into a sample-filled cell cup increases the maximum range ten times. Use the Range Extender whenever the reading is off the scale. Order model: RE-10
Carry Case for use with your Myron L® PoolMeter, is foam-lined and molded of sturdy ABS plastic. Order model: PTP.