NivuFlow - Model 600 - Flow Measurement Systems for Full Pipes
Allows high accurate flow measurement using the transit time method in full pipes. Up to 4 measurement paths.
- Ultrasonic transit time measurement
- Single or multi path measurement up to 32 measurement paths with extension modules
- Insert or clamp-on-sensors available
- Easy installation without interruption of running processes
- Easy setup due to guided sensor positioning
- Intuitive, modern operating concept for quick and easy initial start-up
- IP67/68 weatherproof version for outdoor use available
Perfect flow measurement in full pipelines Insert or clamp-on
The NivuFlow 600 system was developed particularly for flow measurement in full pipes. To meet the highest possible accuracy requirements it is possible to utilise up to 32 velocity paths. There are pipe sensors as well as contactless clamp-on sensors available for the measurement system. It is not necessary to interrupt running processes to install both sensor types. The system is suitable for the detection of flow rates in various liquid media covering a wide range of applications.
Flow measurement systems at the highest technical level
The compact enclosure can be easily integrated into switching cabinets saving space thanks to DIN rail mounting. Moreover, the NivuFlow 600 units are available in a special field enclosure for use in rough environmental conditions.
The transmitter‘s large graphic display allows quick and easy commissioning of the flow metering system. It further-more provides extended diagnostic options and enables in-depth analyses of running processes on site.
The transmitter software was newly developed from scratch. Using future-proof protocols and versatile options for communication and connections opens a wide variety of options to operators when it comes to integrate the instruments into higher systems such as SCADA or process conducting systems.
The measurement principle
The NivuFlow 600 measurement principle utilizes the advantages of transit time. With this technolgoy ultrasonic signals between two sensors are measured. The transit time in flow direction is shorter than it is against the flow direction. The difference between both transit times is proportional to the average flow velocity along the measurement path. With the number of the measured paths the accuracy rises accordingly.
The Nivu Flow 600 Transmitter
The intuitive one-hand operation and the bright high-resolution colour display allow quick, easy and cost-efficient commissioning on site. Additional input devices or software are not required.
On site from anywhere
- Integrated data logger for high data security
- Saved data can be recalled at any time
- Online operation and online setting of parameters (remote control)
- Quick and comprehensive remote diagnostics of entire measurement places
- Leakage monitoring
- Irrigation systems (volume distribution and billing)
- Inlets and outlets conducting cooling water or circulation systems
- Industry: process water, slightly polluted water and more
- Comparative measurements
- Pump monitoring and verification
- Power supply : 100 - 240 V AC, -15 % / +10 %, 47 to 63 Hz or 10 - 35 V DC
- Power consumption : 1 relay energised, 230 V AC: (rounded) 14 W up to 8 sensors transit time 1 MHz
- Housing Material : aluminium, plastic
- Weight : approx. 1150 g
- Protection : IP 20 (installation in switching cabinet), IP 68 (field enclosure)
- Operating temperature : DC: -20°C to +70°C
- AC: -20°C to +65°C
- Storage temperature : -30°C to +80°C
- Max. humidity : 80%, non-condensing
- Display : 240 x 320 pixel, 65536 colours
- Operation : rotary pushbutton, 2 function keys, menus in English, German, French, Swedish ...
- Connection : plug with cage clamp terminals
- Inputs : 2x (Type T2) 4-20 mA, with 12 Bit resolution for storage of data from external units, load 91 Ohm, 2 x (Type T2) digital input
- Output : 2 x ( Type T2) 0/4-20 mA, load 500 Ohm, 12 Bit resolution 1x (Type T2) bistable relay SPDT, load up to 230 V AC/2 A (cos 0.9), minimum switching current 100 mA 1x (Type T2) relay SPDT, load up to 230 V AC/2 A (cos 0.9), min. switching current 100 mA
- Data memory : 1.0 GB internal memory, readout on faceplate via USB stick
- Communication/data transmission : Modbus TCP via network (LAN/WAN, Internet) Modbus RTU via RS485 or RS232 Internet via Ethernet (in preparation)
- Measurement uncertainty : flow (Q): ± 0.5 % depending on measurement uncertainty and margin conditions offset velocity < ± 5mm/s
- Number of paths : 1 up to 4 measurement paths