NIVUS - Model PCM 4 - Portable and High Accurate Flow Measurement Transmitter
For portable and high accurate flow measurement. For portable ultrasonic flow measurement of slight to heavily polluted media in part filled and full pipes and channels. Best possible results even under difficult conditions.
- Very high accuracy
- Clear text menus
- Startup wizard
- Clear diagnostics and simulation functions
- Corrosion-proof enclosure
- Easy assessment of flow conditions thorough indication of the real flow profile directly on the transmitter display
- Redundant data storage
- Online-verification of measurement data
- Direct sampler control
Measurements are absolutely necessary when it comes to assess the hydraulic conditions of sewage networks or special constructions.
The importance of portable, power-independent flow meters for determination of infiltration, channel efficiency, sewerage master planning or influent control is hence continuously rising. Reliable and significant data representing typical operational conditions of the measurement places are to be gained with the help of these data.
It is very often required to carry out the measurements only for a few weeks or months to obtain representative data.
A measurement system for portable flow measurements basically consists of a transmitter Type PCM for power supply, data entry, indication and data storage plus a sensor for the recording of measurement data.
Sensor construction as well as the built-in pickups may be customised individually according to the conditions prevailing on site.
For flow velocity measurement starting at flow levels as low as 3 cm up to several meters there is a wide selection of sensors available.
Typical PCM 4 applications
- Channel networks: determination of infiltration, channel efficiency, influent control, determination of discharge volumes and creation of sewerage master plans
- Measurement campaigns
- Pump stations: verification of performance and wear
- and many more
- Power supply: Rechargeable battery: 12V/12 Ah, lead gel
- Battery box for 12 Mono cells 1.5V (Type LR)
- Power adapter 100 - 240 V AC; 50/60 Hz
- Material: Polypropylene, antistatic, with Graphite blending
- Weight: approx. 2.0 kg (without sensor and battery)
- Protection: IP 67 with closed and locked lid
- Ex-Approval: II 2 G Ex e ib IIB T4
- Operating temperature: -20 °C to +50 °C
- Storage temperature: -30 °C to +70 °C
- Max. humidity: 90 %, non-condensing
- Display: Back-lit full graphic LC display, 128 x 64 Pixel
- Operation: 18 keys, menus in German, English, French, Italian, Spanish, Polish, Czech and Danish
- 1 x plug socket 4 - 20 mA for external level (2-wire probe) or 1 x active air-ultrasonic sensor (OCL) for level measurement
- 1 x active combi sensor water-ultrasound/pressure sensor for flow velocity and level measurement
- 1 x multifunctional socket for digital and analog inputs and outputs
- 1 x connection socket for combined power adapter and battery charger or alternative power supply
- 1 x Bluetooth for data transmission
- 1 x relay (SPDT)
- switching capacity: 250 VAC/30 VDC, 5A
- switching frequency: 5 Hz
- 1 x voltage output 0 - 10 V
- Storage cycle: 1 – 60 minutes, time-cyclic or event-based
- Data memory: External on plug-in Compact Flash Card up to 128 MB internal RAM with 8 MB
- Data transmission:
- Via plug-in Compact Flash Card
- via Bluetooth module (optional)
- via GSM module (optional)
- via NivuLog PCM Ex