OceanAlpha - Model M40 - Autonomous Hydrographic Survey Boat
From Medium USV
A state of the art hydrographic platform design for multi beam survey.
M40 USV have typical 60Kg payload capacity, dry payload bay can be replaced on filed for different sensor payload.
Design with automatic lifter to wet payload’s rise and fall, protect transducers and save energy.
Both the component system and the mission system utilize a modular design, making the USV easy to maintain and transition between different survey deployments.
The innovative bottom design can slice through the waves to reduce shaking and noise so as to achieve better survey data quality.
The steady catamaran hull design and low vibration electric propulsion provides great stability for survey navigation.
The USV is powered by lithium polymer batteries and able to reach 7 knots in full payload
- Both the USV and the survey instruments are operated by the base station. Navigated by the GNSS positioning system, the USV can autonomously complete pre-planned multi-purpose surveys by mission and send back data in real-time.
- Operators can also control the USV manually within a 2km distance by using the remote controller.
- Collision avoidance system can detect obstacles in 50 meters ahead to avoid collision
- Operators can have real time video monitoring via onboard cameras.
- Dimensions: 3.3*1.9*1.45m
- Weight: 525kg
- Draft: 0.4m
- Power: Electric propulsion
- Endurance: 8 hours
- Payload: 60 kg
- Survey speed: 4.5 knots
- Max. Speed: 7 knots
- Sea State: Operation SS-3
- Communication Range: 5km
- Camera: YES
- Collision Avoidance: YES
- Automatic winch: YES(Optional)