Omega - Model MD - Gravity Belt Thickener
The OMEGA Gravity Belt Thickener is designed for continuous mechanical thickening of municipal or industrial sludge. OMEGA's innovative and efficient technology reduces sludge volume by at least 4 times.
- Belt width: from 1 to 3 m
- Filtration length: 3 m
- Hydraulic flow: up to 80 m3/h
The simple, rugged design offers a number of benefits:
- Low energy consumption
- Reliable and durable components
- Low maintenance and operations supervision
Customers use OMEGA MD in a number of sludge thickening applications:
- As a final step to increase the dry solids concentration to 6-8%, replacing conventional gravity static thickeners, flotation systems, and other inefficient technologies .
- As a pre-dewatering stage, when combined in-line with a belt filter press, to optimize filter press efficiency .
- As a pre-dewatering stage before a plate filter press or centrifuge, to downsize the dewatering equipment.
- For sludge volume reduction before anaerobic digestion processes to reduce digester size.
The OMEGA MD belt thickener consists of a stainless steel frame, sludge distribution tank, gravity drainage zone, variable speed drive, continuous belt washing system, compression zone, mechanical belt tracking and tensioning systems, filtrate collection pans, internal wiring and plumbing, electric control panel (optional), and operator safety devices.
OMEGA gravity belt thickener achieves continuous thickening of all types of sludge to obtain a dry solid cake concentration of 6% to 10%. It captures solid matter at a rate higher than 96%, and enjoys low polymer consumption.
The OMEGA gravity belt thickener model should be selected to match the desired DS loading rate per hour and belt meter width. Note that the rate varies between sludge types.