On-Line Ferrous Wear Debris Sensor
From Wear Metals
The Total Ferrous Wear Debris & Particle Sensor from Kittiwake goes beyond the normal chip detectors and magnetic plugs. It provides contamination analysis which you can monitor in real-time, equipping you with the information needed to take immediate action on the first indication of contamination. It goes beyond the normal protection systems and helps prevent failure, not just catastrophic failure.
The sensor can be mounted within any lubrication system on any type of machine and measures ferrous density, resulting from the wear debris within the lubricant, using a combination of proven magnetometry, combined with smart algorithms to provide contamination analysis data in Parts Per Million (ppm). With both digital and analogue outputs, it can be easily integrated into existing Condition Monitoring and operating control systems.
Whether it’s to check on the health of the machine, or an alert of changing wear debris analysis and particle patterns, the Total Ferrous Debris Sensor provides instant information, complementing your existing laboratory oil analysis programme and helping you make informed maintenance planning decisions.
- Robust cast iron enclosure provides strength and magnetic shielding
- Air Blast or Piston versions available for use in multitude of applications
- 1/8” BSP connections for quick and easy installation
- Sealed to IP65 suitable for industrial use
- Reference coil for controlled temperature stability
- LED display providing a visual indication of sensor status
- Wide range of interface options due to variety of industry standard outputs
- Ambient temperature: -20°C to 65°C (-4°F to 149°F)
- Analogue Output: Opto isolated 4 - 20mA
- Communications: CAN, RS232, RS485
- Connections: Oil 1/8” (Inlet BSP female, outlet BSP female)
- Detection: Total Ferrous Wear Debris
- Fluid Compatibility: Petroleum, synthetic oils and water/oil.
- Fluid Temperature: -20°C to 65°C (-4°F to 149°F)
- Max. Fluid Pressure: 10 Bar (145 psi)
- Options: Stand alone unit, Unit with automatic air blast zeroing, Unit with automatic piston zeroing, Display/Alarm box.
- Power Supply: 18 - 30 VDC
- Product Code: FG-K16120-KW
- Protection: IP65
- Range: 0 - 2000 ppm
- Weight: 2.2 kg (4.85 lb)
- FG-K16344-KW: Total Ferrous Wear Debris Sensor - Piston Version
- FG-K16354-KW: Total Ferrous Wear Debris Sensor Evaluation Kit - Piston Type (with display)
- FG-K16791-KW: Total Ferrous Wear Debris Sensor IP65 Display/Junction Box