An alarm sounds when the power has been off for 20 seconds or longer. Tapping the reset button will put the ON TIME to sleep. The ON TIME beeps once every 5 minutes when power is restored. It has low battery detection.
- The ON TIME has many uses at home and on the farm.
- You know when poultry and livestock are without ventilation, feed or water.
- You know critical heating and ventilation is not available for greenhouses.
- You know not to depend on AC powered alarm clocks.
- You know when refrigerator/freezer power is off or has been off.
- You will know when to reset your AC powered alarm clocks.
- On your alarm clock
- On your feeders, lights, VCR, DVD, etc.
- On your microwave and ovens
- You know to check computers for damage that may have occurred overnight.
- Time clocks need to be reset.
- Your clocks for outside lighting and/or lawn watering need to be reset.
- Phone systems need to be tested since the electronics were shut down.
- Check security and fire alarm system batteries to see they have recovered from the power outage.
- Check all battery backup systems for computers and emergency lighting.
- Check refrigeration and cooling systems for proper operation.
- Check everything that is susceptible to lightning damage since lightning causes many power outages.