Open Die & Seamless Rolled Rings
Scot Forge is capable of manufacturing open die rings of 144' O.D., 90' height, with weights up to 100,000 lbs. as well as rolled rings of 252' O.D., 49' height, with weights up to 60,000 lbs. in both ferrous and non-ferrous materials. The forging process produces rings with controlled grain flow, which gives strength and resistance to impact and fatigue not found in rings torch cut from plate, or rolled and welded. If you need rings in a hurry, Ringmasters, our joint venture in Wayne, Michigan, offers deliveries in as little as 5 business days. This speed-to-market solution boasts a success rate of over 95% with a perceived quality of 99%.
Delivering tailored solutions
- Small or large quantities of open die or rolled rings
- Up to 252' maximum outside diameter
- Up to 49' maximum face height
- Rolled ring weights to 60,000 lbs., open die weights to 100,000 lbs.
- Ring segmenting, parting and splitting
- Custom-designed heat treat, machining, sawing and material handling equipment for complete in-house ring processing
- Guaranteed delivery programs
Open die ring process highlights
To produce open die rings, material is first upset, then pierced to form an inside diameter. The ring is then drawn over a mandrel, if necessary, to achieve desired dimensions.