This Open Path Gas Detector (OPGD) is specific to Ethylene (C2H4). The separate transmitter and receiver assemblies are certified for use in potentially explosive atmospheres and can detect C2H4 over distances of 5 to 200 meters. Constructed in high grade corrosion resistant 316 Stainless Steel this device is ideally suited for onshore, open and enclosed environments. With no consumable parts and the patented daily auto-self testing facility called ‘SimugasTM’, the Senscient ELDSTM C2H4 detector offers significant installed and operational cost savings over conventional fixed point flammable gas detectors.
- Fastest speed of response (<3 seconds) Increased safety by providing earlier warning.
- Operates up to 200 meters Significant installation cost savings over multiple fixed point gas detectors.
- Specifically selected, low water value absorption wavelength Ensures the best uptime availability in heavy fog and rain of any open path device.
- SimuGasTM daily auto gas testing No manual intervention or on-going cost for routine gas testing.
- C2H4 specific No false alarms from interference gases as experienced with many fixed point flammable gas detectors.
- BluetoothTM connectivity No physical intervention required for local interrogation, event log downloading and trouble shooting.
Open path C2H4 gas detectors are used to monitor for fugitive emissions and protect plant from the risk of an explosion. These devices are typically located to provide a detection barrier around the perimeter of a plant, process or storage area; or positioned in close proximity to specific items of plant, that pose a real risk of gas escape: e.g. pump sets, pressure reducers, valves and pipe flanges.
Typical applications include:
- Petrochemical refineries
- Chemical plants
- Plastics manufacturing plants