Open Path Gas Detector (OPGD)
This Open Path Gas Detector (OPGD) is specific to Natural Gas / Methane (CH4). The separate transmitter and receiver assemblies are certified for use in potentially explosive atmospheres and can detect CH4 over distances of 5 to 200 meters. Constructed in high grade corrosion resistant 316 Stainless Steel this device is ideally suited for onshore and offshore, open and enclosed environments. With no consumable parts and the patented daily auto-self testing facility called ‘Simugas, the Senscient ELDS CH4 detector offers significant installed and operational cost savings over conventional fixed point flammable gas detectors.
- Ultra narrow wavelength operation Improved uptime availability in heavy fog and rain conditions compared to conventional including Xenon flash and filament lamp based IR devices.
- SimuGasTM daily auto gas testing No manual intervention or on-going cost for routine gas testing.
- Fastest speed of response (<3 seconds) Increased safety by providing earlier warning.
- Optional, 3 orders of magnitude increased sensitivity over conventional Xenon flash and filament lamp based IR devices Providing earlier detection and faster shutdown.
- CH4 specific No false alarms from other hydrocarbon gases, oil mists or even diesel fumes as experienced with many other flammable gas detection technologies including Xenon flash and filament lamp based IR devices.
- Operates up to 200 meters Significant installation cost savings over multiple fixed point gas detectors.
- BluetoothTM connectivity No physical intervention required for local interrogation, event log downloading and trouble shooting.
Open path Natural Gas / Methane (CH4) gas detectors are used to monitor for fugitive emissions and protect plant from the risk of an explosion. These devices are typically located to provide a detection barrier around the perimeter of a plant, process or storage area; or positioned in close proximity to specific items of plant, that pose a real risk of gas escape: e.g. compressors, pump sets, pressure reducers, valves and pipe flanges.
Typical applications include:
- Oil & gas exploration rigs
- Oil & gas production platforms and facilities
- Gas processing plants
- Gas terminals, compressor and metering stations
- Gas fired power plants
- Petrochemical refineries
- Metals manufacturing / processing plants
- Waste water treatment plants
- Landfill sites