OpenROV - Model 2.8 - Diy Kit
- You will need a laptop with RJ-45 ethernet connector and a free USB port. Don't have an RJ-45 port? There are many USB to RJ-45 adapters on the market.
- Rechargable 26650 batteries and chargers.
- Optional: Gamepad controller such as a Logitech F310.
- Optional: Video recording software. We like to use a Chrome extension called Screencastify.
- You can learn even more about operating your OpenROV by reading our Operators Manual.
- Soldering iron, heat gun, wire strippers, flush cutter
- Hacksaw, small screwdriver set, needlenose pliers, scissors, utility knife, standard pliers
- Acrylic cement, applicator for acrylic cement, Super Glue, 2-Ton Epoxy, silicon-based lubricant
- Electrical tape, sand paper
- Disposable rubber gloves, safety glasses
Live HD video
It streams HD video to a surface laptop over an ultra-thin two-wire tether.
Neutrally buoyant and highly maneuverable
The compact and lightweight ROV maneuvers using a proven three thruster design. It can dive to 100m (328ft) depths, and the intuitive control system allows for smooth movements.
Easy-to-use web browser interface.
To operate the vehicle you do not need an internet connection or to download software on your computer.
External I2C bus with 3.3V power for instrumentation, like our IMU/Depth Sensor. One power PWM channel, one servo control channel, and an auxiliary wire for easy integration of additional components including servos, lights, or any other user-defined devices.
Active, worldwide community
Gain access to an uncharted undersea world and the amazing, supportive community of people who are curious about it!
Community additions include: mobile ROV control, compatibility with a variety of browsers, and the ability to connect wirelessly to the ROV topside adapter.