OSi - Model OWI-650 LP-WIVIS™ - Present Weather and Visibility Sensors
From OWI Weather Sensors
The OWI-650 LP-WIVIS has been designed from the ground up for quick deployment anywhere. The LP-WIVIS is the first present weather and visibility sensor designed for battery powered or solar powered applications.
The LP-WIVIS is more than just a sensor. It is a system. Other sensors including wind, temperature, relative humidity, and barometric pressure may be easily added. The LP-WIVIS serves as both sensor and data acquisition system. No separate data acquisition system is required.
The fully automated instrument provides accurate visibility, present weather and precipitation measurement in a single sensor. This next generation intelligent sensor uses all digital signal processing (DSP) for no-drift high-accuracy results. OSi’s patented environmentally adaptive algorithms use artificial-intelligence technology derived from over 25 years experience and over 200 million field hours of real-world data from our sensors installed around the world. The result is the most advanced / easily deployable weather sensor in the world.
The LP-WIVIS is already a low power present weather and visibility sensor but to further reduce the power requirements the LP-WIVIS may be operated in intermittent mode. In intermittent mode, the sensor is automatically powered up for one minute, reports present weather and visibility measurements and then is powered down. The heaters are independently controlled. In many environments the heaters are never powered on. Advanced detection algorithms report dew or frost on lens and control heater function.
The LP-WIVIS measures visibility and detects and quantifies rain, snow, drizzle, freezing and mixed precipitation conditions. The sensor is designed for year - round continuous operation in all climates from Antarctica to tropical rain forests.
Thanks to the advanced DSP electronics, the typical need for field calibration is completely eliminated. OSi Sensors are widely used by airports and regional DOT's across the US & throughout the world. No other present weather and visibility sensor can provide this powerful combination of high performance, low power, quick deployability and proven reliability! No other company can provide the proven level of support and customer satisfaction that OSi does!
Rechargeable batteries, solar power kits, spread spectrum radios, and additional sensors are all available options.
- Solar, Battery or AC Powered Solar, Battery or AC Powered
- Small size, light weight, rugged design Small size, light weight, rugged design
- DSP based - DSP based -no field calibration required no field calibration required no field calibration required
- Other sensors easily added Other sensors easily added
- Data radio options available Data radio options available
- Advanced scintillation technology Advanced scintillation technology
- Intelligent algorithms based on over 2 Intelligent algorithms based on over 200
- million hours of OSi sensor field data million hours of OSi sensor field data
- Easy Installation and integration Easy Installation and integration asy Installation and integration
- Long-term reliability term reliability term reliability -designed for designed for
- unattended operation 24/7/365 unattended operation 24/7/365
- Reports over 50 NWS / WMO codes Reports over 50 NWS / WMO codes
- Virtually no maintenance required Virtually no maintenance required
- Built-in self diagnostics & testing