OSi - Model OWI-430-RH - Present Weather Sensor
From New Products
Our WIVIS intelligent algorithms are derived from study of 100’s of millions of hours of real - time data. With the -RH option, OWI-430 now integrates relative humidity measurement into this advanced weather identification system, resulting in: enhanced discrimination of fog from dust/smoke, more precise haze and mist reporting, increased accuracy in precipitation measurements, elimination of false positive readings.
The worlds most advanced present weather and visibility sensor just got better. .Now there is a relative humidity sensor option for the OWI-430. The OWI-430-RH does everything the OWI-430-DS does plus RH-aided proprietary weather algorithms provide:
- Better discrimination of fog and dust/smoke
- More accurate Haze and Mist Reporting
- Very sensitive precipitation measurements without false positive readings
- Additional relative humidity, dew point, & wet bulb parameters reported
Adding the optional HIP-100 acoustic sensor provides for enhanced hail and ice pellet discrimination. The OWI-430 family of sensors is widely used by airports and regional DOT's across the US & throughout the world. No other weather instrument can provide this powerful combination of high performance, low cost and proven reliability!
No other company can provide the proven level of support and customer satisfaction that OSi does!
The solid state capacitive relative humidity sensor is easily replaced in the field. Simply: unscrew the cap on the TEMP/RH probe. Pull out the old INTERCAP element. Insert the new element. Screw the cap back on. Finished.
The single enclosure makes integration and installation simple making the sensor ideal for end users and system integrators.
- Combines RH aided present weather identification, precipitation measurement and visibility into a single rugged package
- Advanced scintillation technology Intelligent algorithms based on over 100 million hours of OSi sensor field data
- Rugged design – field proven from tropical to sub-arctic environments
- Easy Installation and integration Long-term reliability – designed for unattended operation 24/7/365
- Reports over 50 NWS / WMO codes Virtually no maintenance required
- Built-in self diagnostics & testing Enhanced EMI and surge protection
- Measurement Technique: Scintillation with optical forward scatter and optional acoustic'
- Data Reporting Update Rate: 1 minute
- Present Weather Codes Reported: More than 50 NWS and WMO codes
- Present Weather Type Identification: Rain, snow, drizzle, mixed, hail and ice pellets*
- Snow / Rain Accumulation: 0.001 to 999.999 mm
- Snow / Rain Measurement Resolution: 0.001 mm
- Rain Dynamic Range: 0.001 to3000mm/hr
- Rain Measurement Accuracy: 5% accumulation
- Snow Dynamic Range: 0.001 to300mm/hr
- Snow Measurement Accuracy: 10% accumulation
- Hail / Ice Pellet Reporting Accuracy: Correct ID better than 90% of time'
- Visibility/ RVR Dynamic Range: 0.001 to 10+ km (metric and ANSI units available for all ranges) 0.001 to 30+ km (extended range option 1) 0.001 to 50+ km (extended range option 2)
- Visibility/ RVR Accuracy: 10% to 10 km, 15% to 20+ km, 20% to 30+ km
- Visibility/ RVR Time Constant: 3-minute harmonic
- Visibility/ RVR Contrast Threshold: 5%
- Ambient Light Dynamic Measurement Range: 0 to 9,990 candles / m2
- Relative humidity Measurement Range: 0-100%
- Relative humidity Accuracy @ 23°C: <1%
- Power Requirements: 11-18 VDC, 3 A nominal (HIP-100 requires 110/220 VAC, 100VA)*
- Transient Protection: All power & signal lines fully protected
- Signal Output: RS-232 ASCII, simple polled protocol
- Temperature: -40° to 122° F (-40° to 50° C)
- Humidity: Oto 100%, Condensing
- Wind Speed: 125 knots
- Icing: 0.5' / hr - Heaters protect all optics
- Precipitation / Dust: NEMA 4 type protection (Powder-coated aluminum)
- DSP-WIVIS Sensor Size: 35 x 5 x 11 inches (890 x 130 x 280 mm)
- DSP-WIVIS Sensor Weight: 10 lbs. (4.5 kg)
- Cable Length: 25 ft. (7.7 meter)
- Optional HIP-100 Size: 34 x 4 x 9 inches (865 x 90 x 216 mm)
- Optional HIP-100 Weight: 5 lbs. (2.3 kg):