Oil Spill Response Vessels (OSRVs): OSRV's are normally moored near Santa Barbara Harbor and Point Conception. Movement of OSRV's outside the Area of Response requires concurrence of Federal/State agencies if such movement significantly reduces cleanup response capability.
Each vessel has: Two Lori Five Brush advancing skimmer units and accessory equipment; (1,500 feet of 70 inch Expandi Boom or Kepner 24-inch High Seas Boom on a hydraulic reel, and 3,000 feet of open ocean boom, Oil Stop Continuously Inflatable and/or 43-inch Expandi Boom with Roto-Pak recovery system), a GT 185/260 and Roto Drum 30 skimmer with power unit, a 10-ton or larger crane, a calibrated dispersant application system with dispersant, ten bags each of absorbent boom and pads, one Desmi 250 heavy oil pump, a site characterization kit, an infrared camera surveillance system, and oil storage.
Spill Response Vessels (SRVs), Fast Response Support Boats (FRSB), and Miscellaneous Small Boats
Two (2) Spill Response Vessels:
- 'COMET' (32 x 8 feet) is equipped with a Lori Two Brush Side Skimmer, and seven (7) BBLS of storage.
- 'CLEAN SWEEP' (32 x 11 feet) is equipped with a Lori Three Brush Skimmer installed in the hull and thirty (30) BBLS of storage.
- One (1) 32 x 8 foot Fast Response Support Boat with outboard motors (AJAX).
- One (1) 24 foot Rigid Hull Inflatable Boom Boat and three (3) 10 to 18 foot inflatable boats.
- One (1) 18 foot Rigid Hull Inflatable Boat.
- One (1) 10 foot inflatable boat.
- Two (2) 21 foot MonArk Utility boats with outboard for use as work/boom boats.
- One (1) 19 foot boom towing skiff (CLEAN PULL).
- Eighteen (18) 15 to 18 foot aluminum skiffs with outboards stored at Clean Seas Support Yard.