OTT - Model PLS-C - Pressure Level Sensor, Conductivity, 0 - 4 m, RS-485
The OTT PLS-C measures water conductivity, level, and temperature in both surface and groundwater applications with a robust ceramic pressure cell and 4-electrode conductivity cell. Its extremely low power consumption makes it ideal for long-term deployment, particularly at solar powered measuring stations for ground-and surface waters.
Ceramic pressure cell
The robust ceramic pressure cell offers industry-leading accuracy and does not deform over time like membrane technology, providing long-term measurement stability
Ceramic pressure cell resistant to physical force (4 x burst pressure) and enclosure made of high-quality saltwater resistant steel for use in coastal environments.
Vented pressure probe
Vented pressure probe, automatically compensates for changes in barometric pressure.
Built-in microcontroller – compensates for temperature effects and applies correction values for gravitational acceleration or water density.
Simple setup and connection to external dataloggers using SDI-12.
4-electrode conductivity cell.
- *Parameters Measured:
- Water level
- Water Level: ±0.05 % FS (linearity and hysteresis)
- Temperature: ±0.2 °F (±0.1 °C)
- Conductivity 5 - 2000 µS/cm: ±1 µS/cm or ± 0.5 % of measured value (whichever is higher)
- Conductivity 0.1 - 100 mS/cm: ± 0.01 mS/cm or ±1.5 % of measured value (whichever is higher)
- Body material: Stainless steel 1.4539 (904L) resistant to sea water
- Calibrated Range: +41 - +113 °F (+5 - +45 °C)
- Interface: RS485 (via SDI-12 protocol)
- Measuring Range: 0 - 13 ft (0 - 4 m)
- Power Consumption:
- Sleep: ≤ 30 µA
- Active: ≤ 32 mA
- Power Supply: 6 - 27 V DC, typically 12/24 V DC
- Protection Class: IP 68
- Resolution: 0.01 ft; 0.001 psi (0.001 m; 0.1 cm; 0.1 mbar)
- Standard storage temperature: -40 - +185 °F (-40 - +85 °C)
- Temperature Compensation: +23 - +113 °F (-5 - +45 °C) (ice-free)
- Temperature Range: -13 - +158 °F (-25 - 70 °C) (ice-free)
- Temperature Resolution: 0.01 °F (0.01 °C)
- Storm Water
- Flood Warning
- Source Water
- Flow and Discharge