Ovivo - Model FWM Series - Fresh Water Maker
Fresh water makers are life support systems on oil platforms, FPSO's and FSO's, and need to be extremely reliable and robust with minimal operator intervention and maintenance. Ovivo offers a fresh water maker built around normal offshore engineering standards, materials of construction and manufactured with a standard compact and modularized design.
- 25 year design life
- Easy installation
- Modular skid design can be arranged in various configurations
- All skids fit through standard 750mm doorways
- Advanced, back-washable, primary media filter
- Reduced downtime
Ovivo’s fresh water makers are designed to meet the stringent criteria of offshore facilities while still adhering to engineering specifications without sacrificing water quality. The quality of Ovivo’s fresh water maker meets all the major International and WHO standards for potable water.
Our fresh water makers are fabricated using a modest, sectional design that allows for flexible layout arrangements and easy access into tight machinery spaces for retrofits and upgrades. The Ovivo FWM series has “plug and play” technology for quick assembly and installation. Inter-skid piping and cabling can be immediately connected if skid modules are delivered separately or if a module needs to be removed and replaced.
Standard, pre-engineered, modularised fresh water makers designed to last and built for demanding offshore environments
- Robust and reliable
- Continuous flow of high quality drinking water
- More than 100 years of know-how at your service
- Designed to meet industry standards
Through our heritage brand Caird & Rayner Clark, Ovivo has over 100 years experience in providing quality fresh water solutions. From early evaporative units on steam ships and naval vessels to custom-engineered, modern plants with the highest level of offshore specifications, including NORSOK. The experience and lessons learned from decades of working offshore have been refined into Ovivo’s range of superior offshore standard fresh water makers to give operators the reliability, strength and simple maintenance they demand.
Fresh water makers are life support systems on oil platforms, FPSO’s and FSO’s and need to be extremely reliable, robust with a minimum of operator intervention and maintenance. Ovivo offers a fresh water maker built around normal offshore engineering standards and materials of construction built to a standard compact and modularised design. This allows for flexible layout arrangements and easy access into tight machinery spaces for retrofits and upgrades. The Ovivo FWM series has plug and play technology allowing inter-skid piping and cabling to be coupled quickly if skid modules delivered separately. Fresh Water Quality meets all main International and WHO standards for potable water. Our class leading warranty comes standard, backed by our full 24 hour, 7 days per week customer support centre.
Over 100 years of quality & experience
Through our heritage brand Caird & Rayner Clark, Ovivo has over 100 years experience in providing quality fresh water solutions. From early evaporative units on steam ships and naval vessels through to modern custom engineered plants for the highest of offshore specifications, including NORSOK. The experience and lessons learned from decades of working offshore have been distilled into this range of superior offshore standard Fresh Water Makers to give operators the reliability, strength and simple maintenance they demand.
- LP Feed booster pump
- Feed pressure reducing valve
- Terminal point isolation valves
- Feed ORP analyser for on-line chlorine reduction monitoring
- Fresh water disinfection with sodium/calcium hypochlorite injection or UV sterilization
- Mineralisers for pH neutralisation
- ATEX Zone 2 or Class 1 Div 2 Hazardous Area design
- 50 / 60 Hz power supply options
- Full operational FAT
- ASME VIII/X stamped pressure vessels
- External weather proof heated enclosure
- No local PLC/HMI only skid edge JB for control within platform PCS/IPCC
- Delivered as single skid or 4 separate skids
- Acoustic hood to reduce noise level to < 75 dB(A) at 1m.
- Based on seawater temperature range of 5-25 deg C at 36,000mg/l seawater salinity.
- Weight and electrical load stated without options, please consult Ovivo for additional information
- Outside this range an optional LP feed pump and/or inlet PCV/PSV can be included to suit your feed pressure conditions.
In addition to our standard FWM series of fresh water makers, Ovivo also designs and builds custom engineered plants to a myriad of bespoke engineering specifications and has supplied plants over 30 years to all of the oil majors around the world. Our solutions have produced fresh water, utility water and process water for crude oil desalting and enhanced oil recovery located in some of the most challenging environments.
Ovivo also supplies a range of ancillary water treatment equipment including produced water treatment for oil separation, hydrophore units for firewater and freshwater, UV disinfection units and seawater inlet automatic strainers (Ovivo Brieden Filters).