The Ovivo Screw Compactor is suitable for screening from inlet or sludge screens and is available in a range of sizes from 200mm to 500mm diameter. The largest machine can process up to 10m³/hour of screenings.
Screenings can be delivered to the screw compactor by conventional conveyor systems or by the more efficient washed launder method. The screw compactor can also sit directly beneath the screen discharge and process the solids immediately at the screen. Drainage of the liquors from resulting from the machine/s are diverted to the works drainage system or directly back to the incoming flow of effluent.
The Ovivo® Screw Compactor incorporates the original Jones+Attwood™ features that have a proven record of reliability and robustness.
Ovivo J&A Screw Compactor Features include:
- High quality construction form stainless steel.
- Robust screw operating in a perforated plate trough.
- Designed to accept water-borne solids from screen systems.
- The dewatering screen is cleaned automatically by the spiral mounted brush.
- Exclusive, steady bearing fitted at the discharge and compaction end of the screw.
- High rated, drive end, thrust and radial bearing.
- High capacity mech/elec drive system with ample overload capacity.
- Internal machine wash system with auto on/off flow control.
- A range of outlet chute arrangements to suit most collection methods