P O L Sorb - Absorbent Pillows; Absorbent Socks & Absorbent Booms
From P.O.L. SORB
First they are filled with our high grade peat. Second, our Pillows are sewn in a way that excels over other peat brands that heat seal. The sewn seams allow the peat to 'wick' between pockets, making sure you get the full use of your purchase. The skin is also an absorbent material which is hydrophobic and is helpful when used in water applications. The skin will not allow water to be trapped in the Pillow which interferes with the Pillows performance. Third, the Pillows comes with three compartments. This keeps the product evenly distributed for optimum efficiency. Standard size is 18' x 18' x 3'. Pillows contain approximately 2 lbs. of peat moss therefore can absorb approximately 2 gallons of hydrocarbons (oil based products).
Our family of super absorbent socks and booms contain the same high grade of sphagnum peat moss. They combine the super absorbent qualities of peat moss with the strength of a polypropylene skin. These features allow our socks and booms to not only contain spills but clean up spills efficiently and effectively.
Other Uses for P.O.L. Sorb® Socks and Pillows:
- May be placed on water to remove & contain hydrocarbon spills.
- Can be placed around or under machinery, which leak oils or fluids, for easy clean up and disposal.
- Can be placed around areas in the workplace that become saturated with oils.
- Can help contain & minimize free-flowing streams of liquid hydrocarbons.
- Can be floated in boat bilge's to absorb fuel and oil leakage and reduce hazardous fumes.
- Can be used whereP.O.L. Sorb®loose-fill would not be applicable due to dusting conditions.
- Can be used in 'flow through applications to purify and/or 'polish' hydrocarbons from water.