PACT - Model MBR - Package Membrane Bioreactor System
COMPACT Advantages COMPACT membrane modules are submerged directly within the bioreactor. It is typically operated in a considerably different range of parameters for the mean cell residence time (c) ans substrate utilization rate (U) than the conventional activated sludge processes. Due to this difference, COMPACT offers several benefits over the conventional activated sludge process.
- much smaller space requirements
- increased volumetric loading
- de-coupling of hydraulic and biomass retention time
- production of less sludge due to high sludge age
- high SRT which allows the development of slow-growing microorganisms such as nitrifying bacteria; and
- retention of high molecular weight organic compounds that can enhance the biodegradation process