Partech - Model IL55BV2 - Suspended Solids and Sludge Density Sensor
Inline Sensor for sludge density, suspended solids and turbidity monitoring. The IL55BV2 sensor provides reliable and repeatable, continuous in-line measurement of sludge density, suspended solids and turbidity. The optical element has a sapphire window, this offers excellent resistance to fouling and damage caused by the abrasion from flow particles. The sensor is suitable for a variety of applications including the auto de-sludging of primary and final settlement tanks, and reliable sludge density measurement ensures that downstream treatment processes can operate at their optimum level.
The sensor uses infrared back-scatter at 960nm, the light is transmitted and received through a lens that is optically split. The infrared measurement principle allows the sensor to work in applications where entrained air prevents the use of ultrasonic sensors.
The sensor is installed through a mounting boss onto any pipeline that is larger than 65 mm diameter. The sensing element is positioned flush with the inside wall of the pipe, ensuring that the optical surface is kept clean by the flow passing the sensor and making sure the sensor does not cause an obstruction to the flow.
When detecting turbidity the sensor can give immediate warning of a filter failure or of contamination of a process by suspended particles. The sensor is also well suited to the monitoring of sludge at tanker intake points, giving an excellent indicator of the strength of the incoming liquor allowing both process adjustments and the charges to be applied to the tanker operator.
- Sludge Inlet Monitoring
- Returned Activated Sludge
- De-Sludging Control
- Air Bubble Tolerant
- Low Cost of Ownership
- Removable Under Pressure
- Dimensions (hxwxd) : 392 mm long
- Weight : 4.2 kg, including Ball Valve and 10 metres of cable
- Protection Class : IP68
- Enclosure Material : Black Acetal Co-Polymer, 316 Stainless Steel, Glass
- Seal Material : Nitrile
- Cable Entry : Integral Cable Gland
- Cable Length : 10 metres standard, 100 metres maximum
Interface to Monitor :
- Power Supply : 12 VDC from Monitor
- Sensor Output : 0-5 mA
Environmental Data :
- Operating/Storage Temperature : 0 to 50ºC
- Location : Indoor/Outdoor
- Pressure Rating : 2 BarG
Process Connection :
- Normal Mounting : In-line via Mounting Boss or pipe section
- Process Connection : 1 1/4' BSP Male or Flanges to suit pipeline
- Minimum Pipe Size : 65mm Internal Diameter
- Service : Sensor cleaning is required at a frequency determined by site characterisitcs
- Calibration : The sensor is inherently stable, calibration should be carried out to suit the application. Our recommendation is every 6 months.
- Principal of Operation : Light Back Scatter
- Wavelength : 960 nm Infrared
- Accuracy : Better than +/-5% of reading on real sample
- Resolution : Dependent on range setting, typically +/-2% of reading
- Response Time : 0.5 seconds damping provided by monitor
- Flowrate : Not affected by flowrate, avoid deadspots and extreme turbulence
- Units : User Selectable mg/l, g/l, ppm, %SS, NTU
- Maximum Range : 0-50,000 mg/l or 0-5%SS
- Minimum Range : 0-1,000 mg/l or 0-0.1%SS
The actual measuring range will depend on the nature of the sample being monitored, for processes normally operating at 10,000 mg/l or more should consider use of the HR version of this sensor.
Processes that use carbon will provide higher than expected readings and the HR version of the sensor should be used.