Zeus PEEK - Insulated Wire
From Insulated Wire
PEEK Insulated Wire (commonly referred to as magnet wire) results from the extrusion of PEEK polymer over copper wire. Designed specifically for use in challenging environments such as oil and gas, automotive, aerospace, and electrical industries, PEEK magnet wire provides superior abrasion resistance and the ability to withstand intense pressures and exposure to caustic fluids. For some applications, little or no varnish is required.
Zeus can provide PEEK coating in wall thicknesses from 0.001″ (0.0254 mm) to 0.026″ (0.661 mm) and in American Wire Gauge (AWG) sizes #4 to #40 including ½ sizes. Zeus PEEK insulated wire is 100% AC spark tested during extrusion. PEEK material properties are maintained in long, continuous lengths without pinholes.
Our PEEK insulated wire is available by custom order and in crystalline and amorphous forms. We can extrude this material in round, square, and rectangular profiles. We can also provide PEEK insulated wire in stranded, plated, and other wire forms. Splicing can be accomplished using Zeus PEEKshrink® heat shrink tubing.
Bare annealed solid round copper wire meets ASTM B-3 standards.
- Generators – PEEK magnet wire used in generators is an excellent option to keep your generators operating at high efficiency and maximize energy output.
- Motors – For coil windings, PEEK insulated wire imparts ruggedness to the motor while also providing all of the insulating and protecting properties for which PEEK is known.
- Solenoids – Thin coated PEEK magnet wire allows solenoids to be made using maximum windings to produce a maximum magnetic field within a limited space.
- Transformers – From the smallest to the largest, transformers wound with Zeus PEEK insulated wire can stand up to the heated conditions frequently endured during transformer operation; PEEK insulation will not melt even at temperatures up to 500 °F
- Abrasion Resistance – Our magnet wire made with PEEK imparts superior abrasion resistance to the wire it is covering. PEEK insulated wire can endure rugged environments allowing the covered wire to remain protected and to continue to function at a high level.
- Chemical Resistance – PEEK polymer is well-characterized for its broad chemical resistance spectrum protecting your wiring from corrosion and extending its work life.
- Dielectric Strength – With its high dielectric strength, PEEK magnet wire minimizes the motor’s susceptibility to outside electrical interference.
- High Continuous Operating Temperature – Zeus PEEK insulated wire can perform at continuous temperatures of 500 ºF (260 ºC).
- Maintains Mechanical Properties – PEEK insulated wire retains its mechanical properties as well as its thermal endurance even in long continuous lengths – and without pinholes. This quality means that our PEEK wire is especially suited for producing or purchasing long wire runs spooled to convenient handling sizes.