PendoTECH - In-Line UV & Turbidity
From Sensors and Monitors
PendoTECH is proud to offer In-line Single-Use UV Absorbance and Turbidity measuring and monitoring tools that collect data from the bioprocess fluid streams, while it is processing, resulting in less disruption to bioprocessing operations compared to measurements taken off-line.
PendoTECH’s Single Use UV Flow Cells coupled with a compact photometer with fiber optic cables to measure the UV absorbance in filtration and chromatography applications without product contact. Additionally, stainless steel flow cell options are available. Our Turbidity Flow Cells and photometer measure the turbidity of un-clarified material from a bioreactor or fermentor, or measures bioprocessing liquid after it flows through a filter to provide consistent monitoring of filter performance. PendoTECH’s Single Use UV Flow Cells are cost-effective for disposable applications, but also may be repeatedly cleaned and reused. Both our UV and Turbidity transmitters can be integrated to a monitor with data acquisition capability or a control system. For increased versatility there is a dual wavelength unit available and two different measurements can be made with one flow cell.
PendoTECH Single Use UV Absorbance Sensors™
In bioprocess operations, the UV absorbance of a liquid solution can identify either the absence or presence of the molecule of interest. The measurement, typically at 280nm, is made by a spectrophotometer either in-line or off-line in a cuvette. A collimated beam of light passes through a sample with a defined path length and the absorbance is determined as the ratio of the light applied from the source to what passed through the sample. The PendoTECH Single Use UV Flow Cell enables the measurement to be made non-invasively. It is low cost for single use applications and may be repeatedly cleaned and reused. The flow cell is easily integrated to tubing and the measurement is made by use of a compact photometer with fiber optic cables. This flow cell contains a special glass window on the wall and compartments to attach the light source and detector. The stream to be measured flows between the windows by way of tubing attached to the hose barb ends of the flow cell.
Single Use Flow Cell Highlights
- 1/2 inch hosebarb fitting; 1 cm path length
- 1/4 inch hosebarb fitting; 5 mm path length
- 1/8 inch hosebarb fitting; 2 mm path length
- Unobstructed flow path & no dead legs
- Qualified for use to 75 psi (5 bar)
- Compatible with gamma irradiation & autoclavable
- All polymeric materials meet USP Class VI
- Each sensor is 100% tested for quality during manufacturing, including leak test
- Manufactured in a clean room in an FDA registered, ISO 13485 facility
- Caustic and chemical resistant polysulfone
- Lot Certificate of Quality included with each sensor
- SPEC-280-TRS: Test Rig for UV-VIS-NIR photometer
- SPEC-OC-PANEL: Panel mount SMA-905 connector (for pass through)