PHOENIX - Model WX - Belt Filter Press
PHOENIX has expanded its already popular line of Model WX belt filter presses. The MODEL WX is available in several different configurations, each suited to the specific application. Design includes fully welded mainframe, oversized bearings, and unique corrosion protection features. Several different compression zone arrangements are available.
Dewatering is automatically achieved in six integrated steps:
- Preconditioning (Flocculation): Most applications require the addition of polymers to the slurry prior to dewatering. The addition of these flocculants results in the agglomeration of solids, releasing free moisture. An inline mixer is provided for proper dispersal of polymer into the feed.
- Feed Distribution: The slurry is fed to a specially designed head box, where the material is evenly distributed for more efficient use of the filtering area.
- Gravity Drainage: Free moisture is separated from the solids by drainage through the moving filter belt.
- Wedge Pressure: Material advancing from the drainage zone is deposited into the wedge zone. Pressure is gradually applied as the upper and lower belts converge to form a 'cake sandwich.'
- Compression/Shear: The belts then follow an 'S'path through a series of compression rollers. The surface pressure created by belt tension squeezes additional moisture from the solids. Simultaneous shearing of the material opens additional voids for moisture release. The belts part, leaving a dry cake.
- 6. Solids Discharge: Cake is separated from the belts by doctor blades and discharge.
- Heavy all-welded main frame
- Modular construction
- Continuous automatic operation
- Open design
- Pneumatic belt tracking/ tensioning
- Standard, extended, independent or dual gravity zones
- Assures component alignment
- Allows variable roller configuration for maximum process flexibility
- Minimal operator attention. Low maintenance requirement.
- Allows easy access to all components
- Maximum corrosion protection in adverse conditions
- Clean, safe operation. Greater reliability.
- Versatility. Effective dewatering performance.