From Pluggable Connectors
picoMAX 3.5 PCB Connectors with pin spacing 3.5 mm/0.138 in., for conductor cross sections up to 1.5 mm². The picoMAX pluggable connection system has reached the stage of series production. It sets new standards for wire-to-board, board-to-wire, wire-to-wire and panel feedthrough connections.
picoMAX is breaking new ground, making double use of the contact force of a single Cr-Ni stainless steel spring: For clamping the conductor and connecting the header pin. This makes picoMAX much more compact than usual pluggable connection systems. Contact resistance is minimized by the extremely short contact bridge, which separates the termination unit from the header pin. In addition, the female connector is fully shrouded by the male header and locks into place via integrated latches for vibration-resistance up to 20 g.
picoMAX meets all the requirements placed on a modern pluggable connection system: Female connectors can be easily wired while mated or unmated. Both integrated push-buttons and test ports make handling especially easy and intuitive. Furthermore, several female connectors can be assembled in one male header's housing without loss of polarity.
picoMAX offers an outstanding degree of safety: Depending on the version, you will benefit from a very high vibration and shock resistance, as well as from integrated locking latches preventing accidental disconnection of male header and female connector. The system also features coding pins, which are inserted into the header interface to prevent mismating in panel feedthrough applications, allowing picoMAX to convince you right down the line.
Both picoMAX and picoMAXeCOM are available in 3.5 mm (0.138 in), 5 mm (0.197 in) and 7.5 mm (0.295 in) pin spacing. All variants are also suitable for THR soldering applications.
- Compact design: Reduces space by up to 30%
- Extremely short current path from conductor to header pin
- Innovative insulation material guarantees absolute contact reliability even at high ambient temperatures
- Integrated locking latches provide high vibration-resistance up to 20 g
- CAGE CLAMP® S connection for all conductor types
- Push-in termination of solid and ferruled conductors
- Ability to wire female connectors while mated or unmated
- Multiple connection possibilities: wire-to-board, board-to-wire, wire-to-wire, panel feedthrough
- Suitable for THR soldering applications