It is essential to know the static liquid pressure of the groundwater and pore water in waterlogged land when checking the stability of all works that could be affected by the aquifer underneath. This information can be obtained by using a PVC casing formed by several blind and micro-slotted tubes assembled together in a borehole so as to form an Open tube piezometer. The filters and diameters of these tubes can differ, depending on the type of application. The Casagrande piezometer is generally used for measuring the groundwater level and pore water pressure in ground with low permeability or in rock. Known as Casagrande cell, this instrument is made of polyethylene. Its upper end can be threaded so as to house two 1/2 ' tubes or one 1'1/2and 1/2' tube.
- Lifespan : the tubes are long-lasting thanks to their high quality and the physical-chemical characteristics of the PVC used;
- Dielectric characteristics : the tubes are made from synthetic materials and are not affected by underground stray currents;
- Corrosion-resistance : full protection against corrosion caused by groundwater, the chemical composition of which is often very aggressive;
- Hygiene : the casings are manufactured in compliance with the hygiene-health specifica - tions established by the Ministry of Health for the supply of drinking water
- Cell dimensions: 67 mm diameter; 260 mm lentgh.
- Available with: 1’’½ - 1/2” e 1/2”-1/2”.