Nixalite - Pigeon Spike Composite
Pigeon Spike Composite is a low cost deterrent for pigeons and seagulls. This spike is an affordable combination of stainless steel wires and a flexible, UV stabilized plastic base. It can be installed quickly on all types of surfaces. Designed to deter pigeons and seagulls only, not recommended for other birds or for controlling heavy infestations of any bird.
- Durable 304 stainless steel wires and flexible plastic base
- Each 12' long strip has 20 flat-tipped points
- The plastic is Durolon UV-stabilized polycarbonate
- Measures 6' wide, 5' high and can cover up to 7' of surface
- Thin wires make this a discreet surface deterrent for pigeons and seagulls
- Install with available mounting hardware or adhesive
- For Pigeons and Seagulls only
Use on all types of surfaces to hinder light roosting of pigeons and seagulls. For pigeons and seagulls only, not recommended for other birds or for controlling heavy infestations of any bird. To control all birds on all types of surfaces, use Nixalite's Premium Bird Barrier Strips.
- Prepare the surface: Clean the surface thoroughly. It must be clean, dry and free of any bird waste. Repair any damage there might be to the installation surface.
- Layout the spike positions: Using the Pigeon Spike Estimating and Spacing Guidelines, mark where the center of each spike row will be placed.
- Fit it first, then fasten it: Make sure each piece fits the surface before installing. Find the Quick-Part seam that is just longer than the desired length. Gently bend the base up and down at the Quick-Part seam until it parts.
- Overhang the first spike at least ½” at the end of a surface. Adjust length if needed to ensure this overhang.
- For best results cut off the excess plastic base flush to the 1st spike overhanging the edge.
- When butting the strips end-to-end, use the alignment notch at each end of the base. Do not allow gaps between strips or between a strip and object.