How it works
A PlantControl FA measures the air temperature in one minute intervals. As soon as the air temperature falls below a preset value, a GPRS modem is activated and a pre-selected phone number is called. If the call is answered, the frost alarm will be disabled. Noncritical alerts, e.g. a battery alarm, are transmitted via SMS. The temperature data are continuously stored and can be analysed with the provided evaluation software. Thus, the effectiveness of countermeasures can be judged objectively.
- Up to 5 wireless temperature sensors can be connected.
- PlantControl FA and sensors with weatherproof IP67 housing.
- Signal range up to 200 meters, dependent on the type of terrain.
- Operating temperature: -20° C to +50° C.
- Licence-free transmission frequency: 868 MHz or 915 MHz, interchangeable.
- Measuring cycle 1 minute.
- Precise recording of measurements through built-in quartz clock.
- GPRS Modem for automatic phone call in case of frost alarm. Other alerts by SMS message (battery, reception strength).
- A multi-functional switching module allows the automatic activation of frost spray, valve etc.
- Language setting German/English
- Power supply: 8 AA rechargeable batteries (inclusive) and solar cell 12W
- USB-interface allows to read out data on USB stick
- Dimensions: 29 x 23 x 15 cm
- Power supply: 2 AA 1.5 V batteries
- Battery life span approx. 1 year
- Measuring range: -20°C to +50° C
- Measuring accuracy: +/- 0.3° C
- Reading accuracy: 0.1 °C
- Dimensions: 4 x 4 x 29 cm (without cable)
The PlantCare DataViewer software allows the optimal display and analysis of the recorded temperature data. Thus, the influence of frost protection measures taken on the air temperature is viewed directly.
- PlantControl FA central unit
- 2 temperature sensors
- GPRS Terminal (excl. SIM-Card)
- Solar cell 12W incl. connection cable
- USB Stick for the read out of data
- PlantCare DataViewer software for the display and analysis of temperature data
- Additional temperature sensors
- Multi-functional switching module (floating contact for spray mist, valve etc.)