- In Situ remediation technology that rapidly reduces dissolved-phase plumes in days/weeks
- Distributes widely under low injection pressures
- Colloidal biomatrix completely biodegrades contaminants in-place
- Achieves stringent groundwater clean-up standards
- Stops contaminant migration and protects sensitive receptors
- Provides a long-term means of addressing matrix back–diffusion
- Eliminates excessive time and end-point uncertainty associated with groundwater remediation
How it Works
PlumeStop® Liquid Activated Carbon™ is an innovative groundwater remediation technology designed to address the challenges of excessive time and end-point uncertainty in the in situ remediation of groundwater contaminants. PlumeStop is composed of very fine particles of activated carbon (1-2µm) suspended in water through the use of unique organic polymer dispersion chemistry. Once in the subsurface, the material behaves as a colloidal biomatrix binding to the aquifer matrix, rapidly removing contaminants from groundwater, and expediting permanent contaminant biodegradation.
This unique remediation technology accomplishes treatment with the use of highly dispersible, fast-acting, sorption-based technology which captures and concentrates dissolved-phase contaminants within its matrix-like structure. Once contaminants are sorbed onto the regenerative matrix, biodegradation processes achieve complete remediation at an accelerated rate.
Typical Groundwater Applications
- Liquid-based direct-push injection through hollow rods
- Liquid-based direct-placement into boreholes
- Liquid-based injections in conjunction with Oxygen Release Compound (ORC) to support enhanced aerobic biodegradation
- Liquid-based injections in conjunction with Hydrogen Release Compound (HRC) to support enhanced anaerobic biodegradation