Polimaster - Model PM1403 - Multipurpose Radiation Monitor
Multifunctional, networked mobile monitor for measuring all types of ionizing radiation and spectrum collection of gamma emitting sources. The device is equipped with a built-in CsI(TI) detector for detection and location of gamma radiation sources and reliable identification of radioisotopes. In addition, the device has five external interchangeable modules for detection of alpha, beta, gamma and neutron radiation.
The device provides fast and reliable identification of radioisotopes and can transmit measured radiological data and geographic coordinates to the Remote Expert Center of the Polimaster Nuclear Protection Network system (Polimaster NPNET™) via buit-in GSM/GPRS modules.
This highly versatile handheld radiation monitor combines features of Personal Radiation Detector, Dosimeter/radiometer and radionuclide identifier with fast and reliable identification of radioisotopes that does not require connection to an external device (pocket PC/laptop/IPaq, etc.) for radiological data processing and analysis.
The Personal Radiation Detector /Dosimeter allows radionuclide identification, despite the weakening and scattering effect of shields, containers or other forms of physical protection of radiation sources. The results are shown on a bright, easily read color LCD display.
The device combines the functionality of a dosimeter with that of a radiometer, offering spectroscopic radionuclide identification and wireless integration with radiation portal monitors РМ5000А (which are designed for installation at customs, in airports and border checkpoints to prevent the illicit trafficking of nuclear and radioactive materials).
The instrument’s functionality includes wireless integration into the Polimaster Nuclear Protection Network (Polimaster NPNET). Radiological data and geographic coordinates are transferred to the Remote Expert Center via built-in GSM /GPRS modules, allowing to generate a unified report of the investigated radiation incident. This provides a complete solution for various tasks of radiation safety and control.
The built-in processing unit of PM1403 has a scintillation spectrometric CsI(TI) detector that allows it to search for gamma radiation sources, measure the intensity of gamma radiation (count rate and DER), accumulate and process gamma-spectra and quickly identify radioactive sources on the color LCD display.
In addition, the device has four interchangeable external detection units that significantly extend its functionality:
Gamma radiation detection unit BDG1 has a built-in NaI(TI) highly sensitive spectroscopic scintillation detector, which allows it to search even low activity or shielded radiation sources for accumulation and subsequent processing of gamma spectra.
Gamma radiation detection unit BDG2 features a GM-based detector for the precise measurement of ambient equivalent dose rate of gamma radiation up to the 10 Sv/h energy range.
Neutron radiation detection unit BDN searches for, locates, and measures the intensity of neutron radiation sources.
Proportional gas counter detection unit BDAB evaluates alpha and beta contamination levels, and also investigates surface contamination and measures alpha and beta flux.
- Built-in highly sensitive CsI(Tl) spectroscopic detector for gamma radiation
- Interchangeable external detection units for alpha, beta, gamma and neutron radiation
- Gamma radiation detection unit BDG1, with its highly sensitive NaI(TI) spectroscopic scintillation detector, searches for and identifies low activity or shielded radiation sources.
- Accumulation, processing, storage and display of scintillation spectra
- Fast and reliable radionuclide compound identification, even in the presence of shields, containers or other forms of physical protection of radiation sources that have a weakening and scattering effect
- Wireless integration with radiation portal monitors РМ5000А allows to generate a unified report of the investigated radiation incident
- Wireless data transfer via Wi-Fi and GSM/GPRS modules
- Simplicity and ease of use
- Bright, color LCD makes for easy reading even in bright sunlight
- Audible, vibration and visual alarms
- USB and RS485 interfaces
- Shockproof hermetic case (IP65)
- Wireless integration into the Polimaster Nuclear Protection Network (Polimaster NPNET)
Standards compliance: ITRAP (IAEA) requirements
Search and spectrometry γ-channel
- Detector: Built-in main detector: CsI(Tl)
- BDG1: NaI(Tl)
- Sensitivity for 137Сs, no less: Main detector: CsI(Tl) 100 s-1/(µSv/h)
- BDG1: 900 s-1/( µSv/h)
- Sensitivity for 241Am, no less: Main detector: 250 s-1/( µSv/h) (2,5 s-1/( µR/h))
- Energy range: 0.03 - 3.0 MeV
- The number of accumulation channels of the scintillation spectra: 1024
- The number of spectra, stored in non-volatile memory: 1000
- Detector: BDN: Slow neutron detector He - 3
- Energy range: 0,025 eV- 14.0 MeV
- Detector: BDG2: Geiger-Muller counter
- Dose rate: 0.1 µSv/h – 10 Sv/h (10 µR/h – 1000 R/h)
- Energy range: 0.03 - 3.0 MeV
Measuring α and β-channel
- Detector: BDAB: Proportional counter with a mica window
- Measurement range of α-flux density: 1,0 – 5∙105 min-1cm-2
- Measurement range of β-flux density: 10 – 106 min-1cm-2
- Energy range of β measuring: 0.15 - 3.5 MeV
- Dimensions: РМ1403, not more:
- 176х78х38 mm – with folded antennas;
- 215х78х38 mm – with antennas.
- Main detector: 82х180х61 mm
- BDG1: 290х70 mm
- BDG2: 162х40 mm
- BDN: 230х60 mm
- BDAB: 72x45x130 mm
Weight: РМ1403 total weight, not more than 0,75 kg
- Main detector: 750 g
- BDG1:1400 g
- BDG2: 110 g
- BDN: 660 g
- BDAB: 480 g
- Drop test on concrete floor
- Temperature: -20°С to 50°С ( -4°F to 122°F)
- Humidity: Up to 98% at 25 °С
- Environmental protection: IP65
- Batteries: 2 built-in Lithium polymer accumulators
- Battery lifetime: 8 hours with any of detectors BDG1, BDG2, BDN, BDAB
- PC Communication: USB, GPRS, WiFi, Bluetooth