Polimaster - Model PM1410 - Radioisotope Identifier for Universal Multifunctional Portable Device
Universal multifunctional portable device (the class of Radionuclide Identification Devices) designed for search, detection, localization and identification of radionuclide composition of radioactive and nuclear materials, and for quick and accurate measurement of dose rate and count rate (ensuring the radiation safety while localization and identification of radioactive sources) due to having three built-in detectors of different types: highly sensitive NaI spectroscopic detector of gamma radiation, G-M tube for registering high dose rate, and neutron detector (optional).
The instrument has the possibility to connect external detection unit of alpha and beta – it allows to search the alpha and beta sources and measure alpha and beta flux density from contaminated surfaces.
The devise has built-in GPS module and can be integrated into the Polimaster Nuclear Protection Network (Polimaster NPNET) with wireless and wired transfer of radiological data and geographic coordinates to the Remote Expert Center.
Modification without neutron channel is available.
РМ1410 – portable, compact (for its class), complex universal device of the expert level. According to its functional abilities, technical parameters and design the instrument fully belongs to the class of Radionuclide Identification Devices and primarily designed to confirm the detection of radiation sources when they are found by stationary radiation portal monitors installed at checkpoints of various radiation-dangerous objects and controlled areas. The device can also be used for secondary – expert – identification of radionuclide composition in case of impossibility to clearly interpret the results obtained using other types of equipment, like Spectroscopic Personal Radiation Detectors.
The device has built-in highly sensitive NaI(Tl) spectroscopic scintillation detector which allows to:
- perform a quick search, detection, localization of the source and measurement (dose rate and count rate) of radiation;
- accumulate, process, storage and display scintillation spectra;
- perform the rapid identification of radionuclide composition of the detected gamma sources on the built-in color TFT display.
To expand the dose rate measurement range to 10 Sv/h (1000 R/h) PM1410 has built-in G-M tube.
Additionally the device can be equipped with neutron detector for search and detection of neutron sources. *,**
The instrument had the built-in GPS module and so has the possibility to be integrated into the Polimaster Nuclear Protection Network (Polimaster NPNET) with wireless (Wi-Fi, GSM/GPRS) and wired (USB) transfer of radiological data and geographic coordinates to the Remote Expert Center. It makes the device a complete multifunctional complex to solve a wide range of problems of radiation control and ensuring radiation safety.
There is a possibility of wired (RS485 interface) or wireless (Bluetooth)** connection of external detection unit of alpha and beta, which allows to search and detect the alpha and beta sources and control the surface alpha and beta contamination.
The distinctive feature of the device - the quick and reliable radionuclide identification of radioactive sources even in the presence of shields, containers or other forms of physical protection of radiation sources that have a weakening and scattering influence. This feature is implemented using the integrated algorithm of reverse recalculation of initial gamma radiation in the undistorted spectrum considering statistical interaction processes between radiation and shielding material, and considering thickness of the screen or container.
Also there is a possibility of wireless integration of PM1410 (as dosimetric, radiometric and spectrometric instrument) with radiation portal monitors РМ5000А with transfer of dosimetric, radiometric and spectrometric data into a common base and generation of a unified report.
The delivery package can include telescopic extension tube which is used to:
- fix detection unit of alpha and beta – search and detection of the alpha and beta sources in hard-to-reach locations;
- connect USB camera - demonstration (on the built-in screen) of the image of hard-to-reach and potentially dangerous places.
- Built-in highly sensitive CsI(Tl) spectroscopic scintillation NaI(Tl) detector to search, detect, locate the source and measure dose rate and count rate of radiation; accumulate, process, storage and display scintillation spectra; identify the radionuclide composition of the detected sources
- Built-in G-M tube to expand the dose rate measurement range to 10 Sv/h
- Neutron detector (optional) *
- External interchangeable detection unit for alpha and beta radiation with wireless (Bluetooth*) or wired (RS485) data transfer
- Quick and reliable radionuclide identification of radioactive sources even in the presence of shields, containers or other forms of physical protection of radiation sources that have a weakening and scattering influence.
- Built-in GPS module
- Wireless integration with radiation portal monitors РМ5000А with data transfer into a common base and generation of a unified report.
- Possibility of networked integration into the Polimaster Nuclear Protection Network (Polimaster NPNET)
- Wireless data transfer via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth* and GSM/GPRS (built-in module).
- USB interface to connect camera and connect the device to PC
- RS485 interfaсe to connect external detection units
- Audible and visual alarms
- Bright, color easily read TFT display 640х480
- Simplicity and ease of use
- User-friendly and intuitively understandable interface