Polimaster - Model PM2012MB - Combined Chemical Agent and Gamma Radiation Detector
PM2012MB is a two-in-one instrument, which combines functions of chemical detector and gamma radiation detector in one unit. Instrument measures ambient dose equivalent rate and ambient dose equivalent of gamma- and X-ray radiation. PM2012MB detects vapors emitted from chemical warfare agents (CWA): organophosphorus compounds (sarin, soman, V-gases) and arsenic-containing compound (lewisite). If the preset thresholds of the radiation levels are exceeded, the instrument alerts by audible and visual alarms. PM2012MB is equipped with USB and Bluetooth modules for communication with PC and smartphones. PM2012M/MA/MB can be used by first responders, police officers, customs and border patrol services, HazMat Teams.
PM2012M/MA/MB consist of two independent modules:
- Gamma-radiation detector module
Registration of the gamma radiation is carried out on the basis of Geiger-Muller counter, enabling continuous monitoring of the ambient dose equivalent rate and dose equivalent of gamma radiation and alarming when the preset threshold levels are exceeded.
- Toxic chemical vapors detection module
Detection of the toxic vapors in the air is carried out with the help of ionization chamber, equipped with beta-radiation source Ni-63. The ambient air is pumped through an ionizing chamber by a micropump, and CWA vapors in the air are monitored. To separate organophosphorus compounds and arsenic-containing compounds the polarity of voltage signals is determined.
- PM2012M – base modification
- PM2012MA – differs within the limits of the dose accuracy and extended measurement range of the dose equivalent
- PM2012MB - differs within the limits of the dose accuracy and extended measurement range of the dose equivalent, equipped with the Bluetooth and USB modules (for data exchange with smartphone and PC). *The instrument is subjected to certification.
PM2012MB can transfer data via Bluetooth® 4.0 to smartphones with Polismart® II Mobile App. Free Mobile App is available for iPod® touch, iPhone®, iPad®(iOS) and for AndroidTM mobile devices and can be downloaded from App StoreSM or from Google PlayTM.
* iPhone, iPad touch, and the App Store logo are registered trademarks of Apple, Inc. Android and the Google play logos are trademarks of Google, Inc.
- Two-in-one instrument: gamma radiation dosimeter and chemical detector
- Continuous measurement of ambient Dose Equivalent Rate and Dose Equivalent of gamma radiation up to 10 Sv/h (1000 R/h), and 10 Sv (1000 R) respectively
- Simultaneous, independent detection of organophosphorus compounds (Sarin, Soman, V-gases) and arsenic-containing substances (Lewisites)
- Audible and visual alarms when preset thresholds for DER and DE rates and concentration of steams of toxic substances are exceeded
- High-contrast OLED display (user can adjust image brightness)
- Non-volatile memory for data storage
- IR port for data download of instrument’s operation history to a PC
- USB and Bluetooth modules (mod. PM2012MB) for data exchange
- The instrument can be powered from an external DC-adapter
- Waterproof and shockproof case
- Clock-calendar function
Data Processing Software
Software enables the operator:
- to change operational parameters of the connected instrument
- to retrieve data from the instrument non-volatile memory (instrument operation history)
- to create editable list of the users responsible for working with instruments that can be saved and printed out
- to register (assign) instrument to a responsible user
- to save time, when the instrument was given to the user and returned
- to create and renew the radiation and chemical control information database on the basis of history events retrieved from the instrument
- to save, view and print out an individual history of each responsible user from the database
- 220V/12V AC adapter and 9-36 V DC power cable
- Infrared adapter (ACT-IR220L or IR-210B)
- USB cable (for PM2012MB)
- Detects chemical warfare agents and toxic compounds
- Meets the IEC 61000-6-2:2005, IEC 61000-6-3:2011, IEC 61326-1:2012
- Detector Geiger-Muller counter; IMS with Ni-63 source, ~ 600 MBq (16 mCi)
- Dose equivalent rate (DER) measurement range from 1 µSv/h to 10 Sv/h
- DER indication range from 0.01 µSv/h to 13 Sv/h
- DER measurement accuracy ± (10+0.02/? +0.002/? ) %
- Dose equivalent (DE) measurement range from 1 µSv to 14.9 Sv
- DE measurement accuracy ± 15 %
- Dose accumulation time up to 99 999 h. (1 h. discreteness)
- Energy range from 0.06 MeV to 3.0 MeV
- Energy response relative to 0.662 MeV:
- Cs-137 ± 30 %
- Battery lifetime:
- audible and visual alarms activated no longer than 5 min per 24 hours no less than 150 h.
- Thresholds organophosphorus compounds - (5±1,5)· 10-5 mg/l, detection time is less than 10 s; arsenic-containing compounds - (3±0,9)·10-4mg/l, detection time is less than 15 s
- Indication of the detected CWA:
- organophosphorus compounds yellow LEDs bar
- arsenic-containing compound red LEDs bar
- Power supply one D type galvanic battery
- Ingress protection IP55
- PC communication Bluetooth 4.0, USB
- Dimensions no more 66?47?195 mm
- ???????? no more 0.77 kg
- Operating temperature from -10 °C to +50 °C (from 14°F to 122°F)
- Humidity up to 98 % at 35 °?
- Atmospheric pressure from 84 kPa to 106.7 kPa