Polimaster - Model PM1610 - X-Ray and Gamma Personal Dosimeters
Electronic personal dosimeters of PM1610 series provide measurement of dose equivalent (DE) and dose equivalent rate (DER) of continuous and pulsed X-ray and gamma radiation in the energy range from 20 keV to 10 MeV, as well as time of dose accumulation. Instruments have audible, visual and vibration alarms warn the user when preset dose/dose rate threshold levels are exceeded. Shockproof rubberized case and LCD with fluorescent backlight allows operation in harsh environment. Dosimeters are compact and easy to use, have long life built-in rechargeable battery.
- Detector : Geiger-Muller tube
- Dose equivalent rate (DER) measurement range : 0.1 µSv/h to 10.0 Sv/h
- DER indication range : 0.01 µSv/h to 12.0 Sv/h
- DER measurement accuracy : ±(15+0.0015/Ḣ)% (in range 0.1 µSv/h - 10 Sv/h, where Ḣ - dose rate in mSv/h)
- DE measurement range:
- continuous photon radiation : 0.05 µSv to 10.0 Sv
- pulsed photon radiation : 10 µSv to 10.0 Sv
- DE indication range : 0.001 µSv to 12.0 Sv
- DE measurement accuracy : ± 20 %
- Energy range : 0.02 to 10.0 MeV
- Energy response relative to 0.662 MeV:
- from 20 to 33 keV : 60 %
- from 33 to 48 keV : 40 %
- from 48 keV to 3 MeV : 30 %
- from 3 to 10 MeV : 50 %
- PC communication : USB
- Power supply : built-in rechargeable battery (502030 240mAh MOBILE STAR)
- Battery lifetime:
- average DER not more than 0.3 µSv/h, backlight, audible, light and vibration alarms activated for not more than 20 s/24 hours : 1 month
- Ingress protection : IP65
- Drop test on concrete floor : 1.5 m onto hard wooden surface
- Dimensions : 58 x 59 x 20 mm (2 2/7'' x 2 2/7'' x 5/7'')
- Weight : no more 0.07 kg (2.5 oz)
- Alarm Type : visual, audio, vibration
- Mean service lifetime : 10 years
- Mean recovery time : 60 min
- Operating temperature : -20 °С to + 50 °С
- Humidity : 98 % at 35 °С
- Atmospheric pressure : 84 to 106.7 kPa
Dosimeters allow setting of two DER alarm threshold levels and two DE alarm threshold levels. Instruments continuously control the threshold levels and alert the user with audible, light and vibration alarms when the threshold levels are exceeded. Instruments automatically record data into permanent memory and store up to 7500 events of DER and DE measurement history in non-volatile memory. PM1610-01 modification is equipped with data communication channel (ISO15693 standard).
Personal Dose Tracker System
Personal Dose Tracker System developed by Polimaster, enables connecting up to 100 units of PM1610. PDT System is intended for continuous account for external radiation exposure, maintenance of dose history database and calculation of the personnel accumulated doses (individual as well as group doses) during the set period of time, alarm when preset thresholds (individual as well as group thresholds) are exceeded. The Software enables information transfer by USB-protocol to a personal computer to analyze, process, and generate corresponding databases in a control center or an expert center.
Automated Personal Dosimetry System PM530
PM1610 can be integrated into the Personal Dosimetry System PM530 developed by Polimaster.
APDS PM530 represents a new complex solution, designed for automatic collection of information about radiation exposure of the personnel. Up to 10 000 of dosimeters can be integrated into the system.
Instrument battery will gradually run down during a long-term storage (even if the instrument is switched off). Over-discharged batteries could lose some capacity. For this reason Polimaster recommends users to charge the battery periodically (at least once per six months).
- Illicit Trafficking of Nuclear and Radioactive Materials
- Personnel Exposure
- Emergency Response
Designed to meet ANSI N42.20 - 2006 and IEC 61526: 2010 requirements
Complies with ANSI 42.34, section 9.11 requirements by the level of emitted radio-noise