Polimaster - Model PM520 - Radiation Monitoring System
Radiation Monitoring System PM520 is designed for continuous gamma and neutron radiation monitoring of different facilities where radioactive sources are stored or processed.
PM520 can be deployed in several separate locations or in passageways outdoors. Apart from other systems, PM520 has flexible configuration and uses up to 8 wall-mounted Gamma and Neutron Probes of different sensitivities and measurement ranges, main processing unit and remote PC for operation monitoring control with maximum distance between probes and unit up 1000 m. This configuration allows extending the range of controlled area with possibility of transferring measurement data to the single coordination center.
Radiation Monitoring System can be used in different areas: nuclear facilities, waste management, areas and buildings with limited access, border/airport check points, places of storage and use of nuclear materials.
PM520 main processing unit has two independent alarm thresholds ATTENTION and DANGER. It processes dose rate measurements from distributed radiation probes over the area and alerts users if thresholds are above the average background by visual and sound alarms. Thus PM520 can be used even by untrained personnel.
Thresholds can be calculated automatically during self-calibration or user programmable. Optionally, PM520 can be supplied with PC control unit with the installed Configuration Software for the adjusting settings, sensitivity and alarming thresholds of particular detectors. Additionally PM520 can be equipped with external alarming devices and has possibility for integration into Customer security system.
PM520 represents multipurpose system with configurable design that can be customized to solve various radiation protection tasks on the Customer facilities.
- Can be used by untrained personnel
- All-in-one solution for detection of gamma and neutron radiation sources in secured areas
- Up to 8 external detectors (gamma and neutron)
- Easy configurable and flexible design for convenient installation
- Can be installed both indoor or outdoor
- Cost effective alternative for Pedestrian Portal Monitor
- Convenient deployment and installation
- Up to 1000 m radius of covered area
- External probes for detection of gamma and neutron radiation
- Radiation monitoring of large areas and remote separate locations
- Remote control PC for user programmable settings
- Various radiation probes (GM tube, CsI(TI), 3He) for different tasks of radiation safety
- Detectors ingress protection IP 65
- Operating temperature range - 20 to +50 ° C
- Configuration : Wall Mounted
- Detector : Up to 8 detectors BDG2-Geiger-Muller; BDG3-CsI(Tl); BDN-slow neutron detector 3He
- PC communication : RS-485 (up to 1000m), USB
- Operating temperature : - 20 to 50 °С
- Humidity : up to 95%
- Atmospheric pressure : from 84 to 106.7
- Ingress protection : IP65
- Alarm Type : LED, Sound
- Power supply : 220/110V